Miley Cyrus performed a cover of "Gimme More" on MTV Unplugged: watch

21 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This proves what I’ve thought for years: it’s impossible to sing the Gimme More chorus without sounding cheesy/funny/bad. I don’t know how Britney, Danja, and The Incredible Lago managed to make the actual chorus of the song sound cool, serious, and interesting, because it just sounds so comical when everyone sings it live :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I think what makes the actual chorus so catchy are all the different voices and manners they used to say "more". When I was like 8, I found it so addicting to try and memorize and then mimic the pattern of the voices:

Britney (intonation goes down) > male voice > Britney (intonation goes up)

male voice > siri voice > male voice

Britney (up) > male voice > Britney (up)

Obviously, I've known this pattern for over a decade now, but it's still just as catchy to mimic it 13 years later. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: When someone sings it without doing the pattern, it loses all of its catchiness. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 7
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think what makes the actual chorus so catchy are all the different voices and manners they used to say "more". When I was like 8, I found it so addicting to try and memorize and then mimic the pattern of the voices:

Obviously, I've known this pattern for over a decade now, but it's still just as catchy to mimic it 13 years later.  When someone sings it without doing the pattern, it loses all of its catchiness. 

Period, luv. It's the only way I sing Gimme More. If you aren't doing all the different mores, are you really singing Gimme More ? :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Obviously, I've known this pattern for over a decade now, but it's still just as catchy to mimic it 13 years later. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: When someone sings it without doing the pattern, it loses all of its catchiness. :typing_keyboard_computer:

Wow. I don’t even think I’ve ever heard all of these. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2