Unpopular opinion: Doja Cat is a better rapper/artist than Cardi B

7 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Doja Cat can rap and sing really well :makeitrain: She reminds me of Nicki Minaj in her “Roman Reloaded” era :makeitrain: I think she is a really good artist and I love her “Hot Pink” album :makeitrain:

I love her versatility as well. She has to become the next big thing and I really think this is going to happen. :barbie:

I freakin’ love Bottom Bich!! 

• Love 3

She truly IS a talented one :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

Its pretty cool to say, that i was here before she gained momentum of Say so :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I at first thought she was a joke due to her Moo! video but then when i dived a little deep into her discography i saw many songs like Rules she really amazed me :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

And now to see her grow into this huge rapstar, is really great, because girl can she spit bars :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 4

Well, Doja writes her own lyrics and she has produced her own beats in the past, which is pretty rare for a female rapper , she's more versatile than Cardi too

She needs to promote more tho 

Cardi is not a better rapper but she has a higher budget and a whole crew of producers and ghostwriters behind her (kinda like Rihanna back in her prime)

Doja is way more involved in her craft but i feel like she's too "edgy" for the gp which makes her less appealing to them but i do prefer Doja over Cardi & Megan

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WhateverYouNeed said:

don't get me wrong, i like Cardi but she's more of a celebrity and entertainer :typing_keyboard_computer:

when it comes to music, she can't do it like this :typing_keyboard_computer:

You’re welcome to express your feelings about who you’ll want. I think the same about Doja, that she’s super talented but don’t get the same exposure as Cardi which I don’t get it. Doja’s music videos are so well done and hella creative that you’ll think she has a big budget. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Well, Doja writes her own lyrics and she has produced her own beats in the past, which is pretty rare for a female rapper , she's more versatile than Cardi too

She needs to promote more tho 

Cardi is not a better rapper but she has a higher budget and a whole crew of producers and ghostwriters behind her (kinda like Rihanna back in her prime)

Doja is way more involved in her craft but i feel like she's too "edgy" for the gp which makes her less appealing to them but i do prefer Doja over Cardi & Megan

Doja needs to go more mainstream with a more polished era in order for the GP to fully embrace her. Megan is already preparing this tactic and she will replace Cardi, just watch. 

The thing about Doja and Megan is that they actually have talent. Megan spits hard and Doja is super creative and versatile. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Style. said:

Doja needs to go more mainstream with a more polished era in order for the GP to fully embrace her. Megan is already preparing this tactic and she will replace Cardi, just watch. 

The thing about Doja and Megan is that they actually have talent. Megan spits hard and Doja is super creative and versatile. 

I love Megan, she deserves all her success honestly (even tho i'm no one to decide who deserves what). She kinda overshadowed Cardi in that WAP MV, for real, her flow and delivery was way more breathtaking and engaging. Cardi's part was nothing new but i have to acknowledge the fact that Cardi's force is also within her bubbly "relatable" personality, i think even if she ever starts underperforming in the music industry she'll always have a place in pop culture just simply because personality she's very entertaining. You can't deny that there is something about her. She has charisma for days, she was already famous way before she started rapping because of Love & Hip Hop, i remember seeing memes with her on Vine and instagram and stuff way before Bodak Yellow blowed up. I see Cardi as a celebrity and an entertainer, before seeing her as a passionate rapper, which is her issue. It's a force but it's also a disadvantage because she's taken less seriously than her peers as a rapper. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block