Divas Battle: Britney Spears Pure Album Sales VS Artists Of Her Generation

9 minutes ago, bliss said:

I'm talking about albums sales not records (albums + singles) Rihanna has sold over 100 million singles but her albums sales 30-40M albums, the female artist ranking is (I think) in terms of albums:

1. Madonna - 214,400,000.

2. Céline Dion - 186,200,000.

3. Mariah Carey - 173,800,000.

4. Whitney Houston - 129,700,000.

5. Britney Spears - 100,300,000.

Ah yes, then you are correct! yes Britney is the 5th best-selling then

• Love 1
On 9/13/2020 at 4:46 PM, bas che said:

12 years later it can’t be much different. FF did like 1M at best. BJ and Glory together didn’t even touch 400k. We can overestimate the sales of her or older albums and say they sold a 2M. That is still very far from the 100M mark. 

Billboard already confirmed this year she sold 150 million albums

• Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 10:35 AM, Blackout2006 said:

And also, their sources are from Chart masters. Chart masters is a self-made website and honestly only 2 or 3 people work in it. It isnt like a company of Billboard, because it is mostly done by the person who finds this information. And human error can be really prevalent in such cases, especially if you dont have a team and a company because Britney is long far from the 77 million sales figure, because without CSPC, she HAS sold 100 million records. I dont understand the BOMT- 25 million pure sales, OIDIA- 20 million pure sales, Britney- 15 million pure sales, ITZ- 6-8 million pure sales figure because those certifications are long outdated figures. The last BOMT was certified was 2005, the last OIDIA was certified was 2009, the last Britney was certified was...2006? and ITZ last certification was from 2004 (it also shows us that ITZ sold 8 million sales in 2004). . So i mean if these figures are long old, her sales right now should be definitely over 100 million albums. Most of the common estimates for its updated sales now are:

• BOMT- 33,500,000
  • OIDIA- 26,000,000
  • Britney- 19,000,000
  • ITZ- 11,000,000
  • Blackout- 4,000,000
  • Circus- 7,000,000
  • Femme fatale- 3,000,000
  • Britney Jean- 1,500,000
  • Glory- 1,000,000

TOTAL SALES: 100+ million sales

Plus, in the question box of Chartmasters, fans even told them that Britney herself confirmed that she has sold 105 million records (or albums?) but they just played it off as "Well, we all know Britney isnt good with numbers bla bla bla" i meant i too am lackluster in math but thats a silly excuse, no certification or source can be as reliable as the artist themselves because they know about the record label.

Also Britney has sold 215 million records

I am so sorry but I call BS. Show me reciepts for the last three albums selling these numbers. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think my BJ and Glory numbers are slightly inflated but I read those estimates quite oftenly. However, those numbers come with CSPC

I’m curious to know more. care to share a link? inflated is an understatement, more like multiplied x 3.

you see, a couple of months after their release, they dropped out of the Billboard 200 / album charts meaning that they were probably not even making 1k sale per week. But if we give them the benefit of the doubt and consider BJ and Glory maintaining 1k per week to date this leaves us with BJ at just above 700k and Glory at 387k WW sales and that’s still generous. 

29 minutes ago, bas che said:

I’m curious to know more. care to share a link? inflated is an understatement, more like multiplied x 3.

you see, a couple of months after their release, they dropped out of the Billboard 200 / album charts meaning that they were probably not even making 1k sale per week. But if we give them the benefit of the doubt and consider BJ and Glory maintaining 1k per week to date this leaves us with BJ at just above 700k and Glory at 387k WW sales and that’s still generous. 

Glory had already sold 350k in its first year of release tho...I mean it’s been 4-5 years since, it has to be over 500k by now