Divas Battle: Britney Spears Pure Album Sales VS Artists Of Her Generation

1 hour ago, 5HINee said:

It will take only one  Adele album to surpass Britney :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: Adele whatever you're doing right now, keep doing it girl because I'm trying something, don't ask about it :fran_frog_meme_green:

It’s been almost six years since her last release and that’s too long of a gap in my opinion to dominate like she used to. The music industry is changing and I don’t think we will see albums selling over 20 million copies like that anymore. I could be wrong though

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Eda said:

She did that with 2 underperformed album !  But I tought britney sold 100M albums

Britney herself said she sold more than 105 million albums. I don't trust anyone other than Britney about sales. Certifications can take several seats.

39 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s been almost six years since her last release and that’s too long of a gap in my opinion to dominate like she used to. The music industry is changing and I don’t think we will see albums selling over 20 million copies like that anymore. I could be wrong though

Maybe but considering everyone is like waiting for her, I'm worried:yesplease_yas_agree_preach: 

~

I just hope she doesn't release a surprise album this year.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

That's what domination is lol

I thought Taylor had more sales..

If she will return to music and releases new albums she will hold that #1 for a long time I think.. 

otherwise Adele will surpass her cause she is really near.  

Let’s not kid ourselves, Britney’s last two albums had dismal sales and clubbed together don’t even contribute to 5% of her overall worldwide album sales. 

im not trying to be negative, just being realistic. Glory was and remains an excellent album.

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

2016 is 6 years ago? Are we living on the same planet?

Um britney was reported to sell 84million albums like 12 years ago by her website and a lot of Magazines google it... this Looks like its coming from mediatraffic and they dont count all the countries and btw jive never really pushes for britneys sales certifications so if theyre going by that theres also a couple of millions more to be added. Britney is still 4x platinum last time i checked it was at 4.9 million albums sold  and dont forget about the bmg club sales that didnt count for certifications back in the early 2000 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ronron said:

Um britney was reported to sell 84million albums like 12 years ago by her website and a lot of Magazines google it... this Looks like its coming from mediatraffic and they dont count all the countries and btw jive never really pushes for britneys sales certifications so if theyre going by that theres also a couple of millions more to be added. Britney is still 4x platinum last time i checked it was at 4.9 million albums sold  and dont forget about the bmg club sales that didnt count for certifications back in the early 2000 

12 years later it can’t be much different. FF did like 1M at best. BJ and Glory together didn’t even touch 400k. We can overestimate the sales of her or older albums and say they sold a 2M. That is still very far from the 100M mark.