Who’s winning a HIT vs HIT? (Round 1)

CHAOTIC STYLE.

44 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

I literally saved those screenshots from pop crave, so idk if you're just doubting to admit Perry has more hit singles. 

I think some people just find those types of fan-made stat images to be dubious since stans always over-inflate their fave's stats. I don't doubt that the sales numbers for Katy's past hits are big though, just that the numbers might be exaggerated a bit because of streaming.

1 hour ago, Albert Aspera said:

I doubt it. Perry has only fifteen Top 10 hits but still managed to sell more than 100 million units in US alone.

Estimated-ly, Teenage Dream sold more than 150 million records worldwide, PRISM probably more than 90 million, and both Witness & One Of The Boys might already hit the mark of 50 million. Not to mention the features and stand-alone tracks. 

She did it with only three successful albums and two underwhelming ones, though in a very short period of time.

Perry is flopping harder than Nemo on dry land :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1
Just now, Style. said:

Thanks to the Migos. I always felt the decline of pop music and the rise of mediocrity started with them.. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

UGH i was listening to motorsport yesterday and THEY SUCK. They have good beats but i legit feel like they have nursing rhymes...

Motorsport, yeah, put that thing in sport (skrrt, skrrt)
Shawty bad (bad), pop her like a cork (pop it)
You a dork, never been a sport (dork, yeah)

cork to dork to sport to motorsport :jeanluc:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

UGH i was listening to motorsport yesterday and THEY SUCK. They have good beats but i legit feel like they have nursing rhymes...

Motorsport, yeah, put that thing in sport (skrrt, skrrt)
Shawty bad (bad), pop her like a cork (pop it)
You a dork, never been a sport (dork, yeah)

cork to dork to sport to motorsport :jeanluc:

The way Nicki ATE them all up on their song. No wonder they did her so much dirt. Nicki literally said to her “bich you’re my son go sit on a potty”. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
6 hours ago, IIOnly PopII said:

Obviously!
But now i am doing a research on the collection of their hits in which they have the same amount but in terms of @ColdAsFire88 method, Gaga wins, even tho Katy has more diamond and platinum certified singles

Let's be honest. Gaga had a huge hate train in 2013. 

Plus Miley Cyrus was more controversial than Gaga, Hello the disney princess embraced the bad Girl. 

Like somebody said. Artpop got lost in translation due to Miley bangerz image and Katy Perry I am triumphant. Gaga could have survived but the surprise release of Beyoncé ended up Giving Artpop the nail in the coffin. That was three massive albums that hurt Gaga and the backlash on dance pop didn't help to. 2013 was the rise of hip hop and Trap. 

Gaga tried but Jewels N drags is an embarrassment in her catalog. All these homophobic rappers and the questioning of Gaga's gay icon status began. When she worked with rapper's with homophobia views. 

@ColdAsFire88

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Let's be honest. Gaga had a huge hate train in 2013. 

Plus Miley Cyrus was more controversial than Gaga, Hello the disney princess embraced the bad Girl. 

Like somebody said. Artpop got lost in translation due to Miley bangerz image and Katy Perry I am triumphant. Gaga could have survived but the surprise release of Beyoncé ended up Giving Artpop the nail in the coffin. That was three massive albums that hurt Gaga and the backlash on dance pop didn't help to. 2013 was the rise of hip hop and Trap. 

Gaga tried but Jewels N drags is an embarrassment in her catalog. All these homophobic rappers and the questioning of Gaga's gay icon status began. When she worked with rapper's with homophobia views. 

@ColdAsFire88

Periodt

The album underperformed because of its severe competition in the market, and hunger for newer and more fresher acts

However dance-pop and disco were quite popular in 2013 tho

41 minutes ago, dritney said:

Katy has more hits but man has she fallen off like no one else in history...

it’s pretty clear she needs the black hair back... and the smash hits. Witness and Smile are NOT IT.

Work with Dr. Luke and face the wrath of the feminists and me too movement supporters. She can't work with the man behind her hits. 

He is cancelled, the public made sure to cancel him. Before his innocence became more prevailed. Luke lost his record label, etc. Nobody big is willing to work with him.

@ColdAsFire88

@Jordan Miller

Kim Petras isn't being accepted mainstream cos of her association with him. She is consistently asked by the media how can she work with someone that has all these horrible allegations against him. 

When it came out say so was Produced by him under an alias. Doja got a smear campaign started on her by Kesha fans. 

• Content Curators
27 minutes ago, IIOnly PopII said:

Periodt

The album underperformed because of its severe competition in the market, and hunger for newer and more fresher acts

However dance-pop and disco were quite popular in 2013 tho

but her team kinda did that to her, releasing Applause on the same day as Roar.

Gaga's team tried similar thing with Britney in Femme Fatale era. And her team kinda ended Xtina's career tbh.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Invitation said:

but her team kinda did that to her, releasing Applause on the same day as Roar.

Gaga's team tried similar thing with Britney in Femme Fatale era. And her team kinda ended Xtina's career tbh.

That’s why I always hated Gaga and let’s not blame only her team because of those bad intended schemes. Gaga herself is a smart business woman so she knew about all her releases and the fact that she allowed to be pitted against Christina, Britney and then Katy didn’t sat right with me.

Let’s just be serious. Her peak was done the moment when she LOST to ROAR! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, Style. said:

That’s why I always hated Gaga and let’s not blame only her team because of those bad intended schemes. Gaga herself is a smart business woman so she knew about all her releases and the fact that she allowed to be pitted against Christina, Britney and then Katy didn’t sat right with me.

Let’s just be serious. Her peak was done the moment when she LOST to ROAR! 

i think that was a surprising outcome, certainly not expected by Gaga's team tbh.

Katy had such a good image among GP but she trashed it so hard.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block