Who’s winning a HIT vs HIT? (Round 1)

2 minutes ago, ERIDER said:

If by hit you mean anything top 20 or better, then yall forgot to include You & I, Judas, Perfect Illusion and Do What U Want (fight me)Lady Gaga Ok GIF

Judas was my anthem back in the day. I still remember how I attempted to do the Ellen choreo on my bedroom. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Also, thanks to Gaga I have a semi foot fetish. :yasqueen_yes_wow_cry_praise:

2Twf.gif

Katy Perry all the way.

I think Perry has the edge in radio hits and to wider demographics, while Gaga's pop usually targets a certain set/group of people (not being ****** here). 

Also, Perry has different anthems in such occasions:

Summer Anthem - California Gurls

• 4th Of July Anthem - Firework

• LGBTQ Anthem - Firework/I Kissed A Girl

• Birthday Anthem - Birthday

• Break Up Anthem - The One That Got Away

To name the obvious, and not to mention Perry sold more records worldwide.

10 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

Katy Perry all the way.

I think Perry has the edge in radio hits and to wider demographics, while Gaga's pop usually targets a certain set/group of people (not being ****** here). 

Also, Perry has different anthems in such occasions:

Summer Anthem - California Gurls

• 4th Of July Anthem - Firework

• LGBTQ Anthem - Firework/I Kissed A Girl

• Birthday Anthem - Birthday

• Break Up Anthem - The One That Got Away

To name the obvious, and not to mention Perry sold more records worldwide.

She actually hasn't... I actually thought Katy did outsell Gaga too...Katy has more Diamond singles (I believe 8) but Gaga has five. Anyway, look thru this thread Gaga has actually outsold her. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

Hits as in singles right? Because if so then obviously Katy has bigger hits than Gaga, although not recently. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:  But I find that I can't listen to most of Teenage Dream anymore since its hits were all over the radio, and I think the constant exposure actually had a negative effect in the long run. I actually prefer the Prism and Witness singles more even if they're not quite as memorable. 

I figure that Gaga has Katy beat in most other metrics, though. I think Gaga did better in touring, albums, awards, and acclaim in general. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

She actually hasn't... I actually thought Katy did outsell Gaga too...Katy has more Diamond singles (I believe 8) but Gaga has five. Anyway, look thru this thread Gaga has actually outsold her. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

I doubt it. Perry has only fifteen Top 10 hits but still managed to sell more than 100 million units in US alone.

Estimated-ly, Teenage Dream sold more than 150 million records worldwide, PRISM probably more than 90 million, and both Witness & One Of The Boys might already hit the mark of 50 million. Not to mention the features and stand-alone tracks. 

She did it with only three successful albums and two underwhelming ones, though in a very short period of time.

3 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

I doubt it. Perry has only fifteen Top 10 hits but still managed to sell more than 100 million units in US alone.

Estimated-ly, Teenage Dream sold more than 150 million records worldwide, PRISM probably more than 90 million, and both Witness & One Of The Boys might already hit the mark of 50 million. Not to mention the features and stand-alone tracks. 

She did it with only three successful albums and two underwhelming ones, though in a very short period of time.

Im not sure where you are getting your sources but...mine are chart masters and wikipedia :oprah: again i thought Katy outsold Gaga but she is trailing her. 

3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Im not sure where you are getting your sources but...mine are chart masters and wikipedia :oprah: again i thought Katy outsold Gaga but she is trailing her. 

Receipts? I mean, I'm done pitying these artists to each other but Roar alone outsold any of Gaga's singles. And Perry has more No.1 hits in official charts worldwide, so-

8 minutes ago, Albert Aspera said:

Receipts? I mean, I'm done pitying these artists to each other but Roar alone outsold any of Gaga's singles. And Perry has more No.1 hits in official charts worldwide, so-

sure. check out these sites. 

https://chartmasters.org/2019/06/katy-perry-albums-and-songs-sales/

https://chartmasters.org/2019/08/cspc-lady-gaga-albums-and-songs-sales/

keep in mind that Lady Gaga has released more albums so that could be why. The Fame/Monster was a monstrous era and TD for Katy was too BUT The Fame Monster sold more and technically speaking TD is Katys only successful album era. Prism had moderate success but she achieved more singles success. 

44B88D4B-DC19-4380-81F6-EE7532753DD0.jpeg

6D5816DE-B6DF-4893-875C-23F700D15226.jpeg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

sure. check out these sites. 

https://chartmasters.org/2019/06/katy-perry-albums-and-songs-sales/

https://chartmasters.org/2019/08/cspc-lady-gaga-albums-and-songs-sales/

keep in mind that Lady Gaga has released more albums so that could be why. The Fame/Monster was a monstrous era and TD for Katy was too BUT The Fame Monster sold more and technically speaking TD is Katys only successful album era. Prism had moderate success but she achieved more singles success. 

44B88D4B-DC19-4380-81F6-EE7532753DD0.jpeg

6D5816DE-B6DF-4893-875C-23F700D15226.jpeg

One Of The Boys (2008)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv-bG8ezx9uSaAGheJZpD

Teenage Dream (2010)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz4xK4iPbNGyEjpSuJyfe

PRISM (2013)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1WAOG8YBPo01vxTrZVnX

Witness (2017)

EWZHuyJUwAAtJq-.jpg

These "facts" might be out of context but having nine No.1 singles already closed the deal.

• Like 1