Selena Gomez to Be Honored at Hispanic Heritage Awards

MrPieceOfMe

Selena Gomez will receive the Arts Award during the 33rd Hispanic Heritage Awards, which will air Oct. 6 on PBS stations and streamed on PBS.org.

At the same ceremony, Bad Bunny will receive the Vision Award, as previously announced, and actress Jessica Alba will receive the Business Award for her entrepreneurial and philanthropic activities.

Because of COVID-19 restrictions, there will not be a live ceremony. The PBS special will feature filmed performances from across the U.S. and Latin America.

Read More Here

2AC40415-C481-462A-8474-40FC97DFAA14.jpeg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Style. said:

Currently listening to Slow Down and man, this song is so fire. Am I the only one thinking about how fierce she used to be pre Revival? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

About this award chile what’s this? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I love her pre Revival songs like Slow Down, Come and Get It, Love You like a love song, A year without rain and etc., but she was just a Disney product back then. Now she’s a real artist and Rare can show it. It’s like, now she makes more mature music, her old songs sound like a Disney OST made for 10-14 years old children. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

I love her pre Revival songs like Slow Down, Come and Get It, Love You like a love song, A year without rain and etc., but she was just a Disney product back then. Now she’s a real artist and Rare can show it. It’s like, now she makes more mature music, her old songs sound like a Disney OST made for 10-14 years old children. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

Naturally is also a bop. :neydedance:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
22 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Wait...Bad Bunny is going to be there :jabba: 

I just have to say something about Latinos in America. It low-key bothers me that Latinos acknowledge their heritage but then they don't speak Spanish...I think it bothers me because I'm half white and bi-lingual, but enjoy your Taco Bell :makeup:

Salinas likes her tacos from Jack in the box :pieceofwhat: 

• Haha 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

5 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Wait...Bad Bunny is going to be there :jabba: 

I just have to say something about Latinos in America. It low-key bothers me that Latinos acknowledge their heritage but then they don't speak Spanish...I think it bothers me because I'm half white and bi-lingual, but enjoy your Taco Bell :makeup:

It happens because Spanish parents who raise their kids in America sometimes refuse to speak/teach Spanish at the home thinking that learning and knowing only English will make their child appear more educated and help them get more opportunities. 

It's a low key racist mindset with a sprinkle of self hate,not to mention incredibly stupid. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Korb said:

It happens because Spanish parents who raise their kids in America sometimes refuse to speak/teach Spanish at the home thinking that learning and knowing only English will make their child appear more educated and help them get more opportunities. 

It's a low key racist mindset with a sprinkle of self hate,not to mention incredibly stupid. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Thanks for your opinion. I sense that you are a triggered American :oprah:

1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Thanks for your opinion. I sense that you are a triggered American :oprah:

Uh...what?
I'm a bilingual Cuban with immigrant parents?......:jeanluc:

You asked a question and I answered it. This is an actual thing that happens in the Hispanic (and other) communities.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Korb said:

Uh...what?
I'm a bilingual Cuban with immigrant parents?......:jeanluc:

You asked a question and I answered it. This is an actual thing that happens in the Hispanic (and other) communities.

OMG Sorry I misunderstood you :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: I am taking out my frustration with hulu on you :makeup: FYI hulu doesnt work outside the USA. 

Anyway, I went back and read what you said. Yeah, I have friends whose family settled in Colorado back in the 50’s and in order to fit in their grand parents didn’t teach their parents Spanish therefore some of my friends cant speak Spanish. I lucked out because my moms family came here and then I was born. They all speak Spanish and taught me. 

I don’t think its self hatred (maybe some) that they’re feeling. I think people are lazy and don’t want to learn how to speak another language. You also need to use both languages frequently or you forget. It is annoying that latinos in America bring up their heritage when it’s convenient but don’t know their families countries holidays or history etc. 

At the end of the day if your family has been in America for generations and there’s a disconnect to your heritage you should focus on valuing being an American and not focus on what sets you apart. I think thats one of the reasons America is running into so many racial issues. Just a long thought lol

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

OMG Sorry I misunderstood you :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: I am taking out my frustration with hulu on you :makeup: FYI hulu doesnt work outside the USA. 

Anyway, I went back and read what you said. Yeah, I have friends whose family settled in Colorado back in the 50’s and in order to fit in their grand parents didn’t teach their parents Spanish therefore some of my friends cant speak Spanish. I lucked out because my moms family came here and then I was born. They all speak Spanish and taught me. 

I don’t think its self hatred (maybe some) that they’re feeling. I think people are lazy and don’t want to learn how to speak another language. You also need to use both languages frequently or you forget. It is annoying that latinos in America bring up their heritage when it’s convenient but don’t know their families countries holidays or history etc. 

At the end of the day if your family has been in America for generations and there’s a disconnect to your heritage you should focus on valuing being an American and not focus on what sets you apart. I think thats one of the reasons America is running into so many racial issues. Just a long thought lol

I was legitimately so confused by your response:jl:
Also,sweetie Nord VPN will fix ya right up:queenflopga:

I was born in Cuba but immigrated to the states when I was very young and had no issues learning and speaking both languages ,and my parents always maintained that it was important to know both.

Yes,it's definitely not self hatred in every case. I was oversimplifying it. People do it for a variety of reasons. I just think teaching your kids at home by simply speaking Spanish to them and allowing them to learn and speak English outside the home (in school,for example)is the easiest way,you know? It doesn't take a lot of effort,especially with kids because of how easily children absorb language. 

I dunno. I have so many bilingual friends and I always appreciate that parents make sure to pass down their native languages to their kids. It could potentially be a huge asset to you,too!
But you're right. It's hard to maintain both ,especially when you only use 1 predominantly. My Spanish ain't so hot. 
Sorry,mom:katyclown:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block