Smile Album Review;

sullivanSP

Katy Perry’s 6th Studio Album was released 2 weeks ago.

Now that the weeks have flown by I have some thoughts...

It’s a clean pop record that offers an escape from today’s turmoil and grief. 

Hidden Gems such as:

- Tucked

-Champagne Problems 

Have potential. 

However it also appears that a lot of the lyrical content is very juvenile and also does not demonstrate growth. 

As a 20 year old I grew up listening to her music and it all sounds the same. Same subject themes & same content. 

Katy Perry is a Nostalgia act for Gen Z in my eyes in today’s world. Her music no longer holds up. 

But I still love the record. And it’s been on repeat for me. I just don’t think she can recover from how the GP basically turned their backs on her. 

I think this will be her last album for a very long time. 

I’d love to hear what you guys think...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A comment i made from another thread:

Ok...I listened to the album again and its not that bad :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Its slightly generic though and the droplet singles didn’t help hype it up. I mean if you’ve already listened to half of someones album before it drops are you gonna listen to it again :oprah:

NRO - is one of the highlights and a good intro into the album :mcry:

Cry about it later - is infectiously annoying. I feel like she repeats the title a million times :clownery:

Teary Eyed - actually got my ears perked up and I started singing along:neydedance:

Daisies - I like this song but I can see why it failed to capture the GP’s attention. We have had Firework, Roar, Part of Me :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Resilient - This is where the album takes a dip for me. I don’t care for this song :parisok:

Not the end of the world - It sounds like something she would have released on Prism or back in 2015 :rihstare_rihanna_well_stare_staring_fingers_looking_around:

Smile - Its alright. Not bad but not great. Def not single worthy IMO :martini:

Champagne Problems - Its a cute BOP :flawlessbye_leave_walk_there_i_said_it:

Tucked - I get the appeal. I might listen to it again. Its cute :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Harleys in Hawaii - I still dont understand how this song flopped so hard. Its probably my favorite on the album :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Only love - Don’t care. Pass. :clicktina:

What makes a woman - Its alright. Nothing noteworthy but not awful. 

Highlights: Never really over, Teary Eyed, Champagne Problems, Harleys in Hawaii

35 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Katy Perry’s 6th Studio Album was released 2 weeks ago.

Now that the weeks have flown by I have some thoughts...

It’s a clean pop record that offers an escape from today’s turmoil and grief. 

Hidden Gems such as:

- Tucked

-Champagne Problems 

Have potential. 

However it also appears that a lot of the lyrical content is very juvenile and also does not demonstrate growth. 

As a 20 year old I grew up listening to her music and it all sounds the same. Same subject themes & same content. 

Katy Perry is a Nostalgia act for Gen Z in my eyes in today’s world. Her music no longer holds up. 

But I still love the record. And it’s been on repeat for me. I just don’t think she can recover from how the GP basically turned their backs on her. 

I think this will be her last album for a very long time. 

I’d love to hear what you guys think...

I agree :fakecry:

She almost got the GP to care with NRO, but she let its potential slip away :wontcry:

Archived