Billboard's new #FreeBritney article: "Breathe Heavy launched the original 'Free Britney' campaign"

• Leader
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

As someone that was part of that group of people that went along with it, I gotta say, the main reason was the lack of transparency that there was surrounding her case. Of course everybody followed what the mass media said, since that was the only source of information we had :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:, especially those of us living outside the USA, in an era when social media wasn't what it is today. Which is why a lot of people also think she's "crazy" to this day, because that's how the media painted her the previous year.

If one day you're seeing your idol struggling for her life (that's how the media showed her) and then after whatever the conservatorship did (a legal concept that doesn't even exist in most countries) we see her glowing, winning awards at the VMA's, releasing Womanizer, Circus, touring, etc, why would we think it was a bad thing for her? They really had all the elements to convince people of their narrative, how could anyone think that a star of the caliber of Britney would be tricked into such a scam, allowed by the system and the society?

Even if we knew back then how shady and illegal the whole process of putting her under the conservatorship was, probably most people would've justified it saying it was the best for her and the only way to save her.

What could've fans done though, when after that 2007 infamous video, most of the people that learned you were a Britney fan would automatically deem you as another Chris Crocker that whined for attention, a joke. General public was still consuming her brand back then, so the impact wouldn't have been that important.

I keep going back to the same point, this is not about how fans allowed this or supported this, it's, how did the system allow such a thing in the first place, and that's why I love Lisa McCarley's letter, because everyone keep focusing on whether or not Britney needs the conservatorship now, as if she really needed it to begin with, instead of asking why did that judge grant them the conservatorship jumping over everything that the law says, without proper evidence, without allowing her to defend herself, without notifying her beforehand, without trying other resources first. Just as Jamie is getting exposed now, that's how the judge Reva Goetz should be exposed too, and all the lawyers and everyone involved since the beginning.

Very well said!

• Leader
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it really is a shame you didn't respond :yesokay: it was a nice article and it was the perfect opportunity to give your opinion about the subject

Yea 100% agree 😩. Can't believe I spaced getting back to them. :teigen:

However, I've participated/participating in a handful of new projects about our girl, plus a few more online publications with stories coming out later this month ;) Hopefully I make y'all proud. 🤞 

• Love 7

Congrats @Jordan Miller the biggest Britney fan I must say so myself. 

I think if anything you're legacy will go down by making Britney a person, an artist in her own right. 

I can't tell you how many times in interviews It's always Max Martin was the reason why Britney Happened. 

It's frustrating, I'm not the biggest fan, but then again. Like someone said. 

You like stories being told. 

But you definitely champion Britney and pure Pop music for escapism. Unfortunately in the media, It will never be celebrated for that.

Pop is still a dirty word in the industry.

Congrats, again

• Leader
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Congrats @Jordan Miller the biggest Britney fan I must say so myself. 

I think if anything you're legacy will go down by making Britney a person, an artist in her own right. 

But you definitely champion Britney and pure Pop music for escapism. Unfortunately in the media, It will never be celebrated for that.

:wontcry: Thank you @Spicechinodiva

• Leader
50 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

This is huge @Jordan Miller! You really did a hell of a work! Both, you and Britney deserve, keep going! I hope Britney acknowledges your work one day! :kylie:

Thank you!

Would be greatly appreciated if she did but of course I don't have any expectation of that. Ultimately just want her to be happy and healthy. 🙏 

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, iCaptainCandy said:

https://www.eonline.com/news/106550/jamie-spears-squashes-britney-fansite

It's funny seeing old sources like this. Feels like yesterday, feels ancient.

"The real issue, in my opinion, is hidden behind these Copyright Infringement claims, rather management, particularly her father/conservator, Jamie Spears, who makes $18,000 a month off his daughter, is desperately trying to hide the truth about Britney's imprisonment, and shut anyone up who disagrees with their conniving and selfish exploitation of an innocent mother of 2 pushed back into the limelight just several months after a hospitalization," Miller writes.

WELP.