Britney didn’t hate the “Make Me” video. Jamie did. (Opinion)

Britney97

I just rewatched the original video and realized there is no way she could be as into it as she was and then decide to scrap it at the end. She was aware of the concept from the beginning. It was fully realized and told to her from beginning. Jamie said didn’t like it and then scrapped it, I can almost guarantee. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, peyote said:

Idk she was kinda screaming on the video when she was in that tractor or whatever. lol 

I reckon she was screaming at her dad.

He was probably being a typical southern Patriarch saying it’s too **** or telling that guy to go easy on his daughters throat or something, to which she called him a ******* *******
David Lachapelle has spoken on it since and has all but confirmed that Britney herself was never the issue, he respects her artistic eye and always has done 

4 minutes ago, Gagabritxxx said:

The original make me video would of been iconic if they released it. she seemed comfortable on the set of it here: 

She rocked this interview. It must be so hard to not speak so candidly as a human where your mind can’t be fully engaged in a conversation because it’s always thinking about the rules of the conversation and how to answer something and sound natural at the same time. She killed it here. 

3 hours ago, Britney97 said:

I just rewatched the original video and realized there is no way she could be as into it as she was and then decide to scrap it at the end. She was aware of the concept from the beginning. It was fully realized and told to her from beginning. Jamie said didn’t like it and then scrapped it, I can almost guarantee. 

There are videos of male dancers humping a tractor and Britney yelling ‘I don’t like it’ to the director. 

Is it just me or did Britney‘s excitement about Glory die after Make Me came out? I noticed it back then. She just seemed over it. Looking back on it, I have a feeling it’s because the artistry wasn’t going the way she intended. Whether fans like it or not, the original video/photoshoot had a clear vision. Yes it was hypersexualized but the caged in idea was hers. This concept was taken away entirely. Everything leading up to Glory Britney seemed genuinely excited about. She sounded so excited about where her music direction was going. I always had a feeling she couldn’t be fully happy with what she was doing because they were controlling her image so much.

Its my own opinion that she appeared less interested after Make Me came out. It’s like she was like “alright, they aren’t letting me do what I want to do 100%. Yeah I was able to choose the music sound, but I’m not allowed to be in charge for how I want to portray this art. I’ll just roll with the punches.”

Archived