If Britney had released “Everytime” as the lead single from In The Zone

Lorenzo

Do you think it would’ve worked? Britney at the time was facing backlash following her break-up with Justin, I was wondering if starting off the era with a sad and personal ballad that showed her vulnerability would’ve garnered respect from the GP. “Everytime” became one of her biggest hits in the end, but maybe it would’ve been even more monumental if it was released as the lead single, and maybe now it would be on the same level as “Toxic” and “...Baby One More Time” as one of her biggest classics :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think single placement matters that much considering Everytime and Toxic were bigger songs than MATM, despite them being third and second singles. I think MATM being the first single was a great marketing move that capitalized on the Madonna friendship and passing of the torch, especially right after the VMAs while it was still fresh on the general public’s mind. Everytime is a great song however. i just wish they didn’t alter her voice so much and let her use more of her natural singing voice on the final cut.

Archived