Britney has a new compilation album 'Oops!...I did it again (Remixes and B-Sides)' coming out soon!

ColdAsFire88

Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Britney doesn't make much off of vinyl releases since she a) doesn't have writing credit on most of it and b) musicians don't usually make much on selling music when they're signed to a major label. Musicians make money off of touring and merch. I mean, she's probably making SOMETHING but it's probably not a lot.

Two examples: Sondre Lerche (who actually released a Britney covers EP last year) had his earlier work released on vinyl and said something to the effect that he actually didn't make anything off the vinyl but wanted people to have it and it gave him something to tour in support of. 

Different situation but I remember Sarah Silverman also talking about how she didn't make anything off of DVD sales of her own show.

I know Danity Kane also talked about how they never made money off of the albums they sold. There's a lot of examples of that when you look into it.

So, like, yeah, it's going to be supporting the C-Ship but it's probably not going to be paying for everyone's coffees at Starbucks. Idk. Maybe it is. I mean, buying that Oops era merch will be for sure. Honestly, it'll break my heart next year when I can't buy Britney era merch.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, VCTR said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if Britney doesn't make much off of vinyl releases since she a) doesn't have writing credit on most of it and b) musicians don't usually make much on selling music when they're signed to a major label. Musicians make money off of touring and merch. I mean, she's probably making SOMETHING but it's probably not a lot.

Two examples: Sondre Lerche (who actually released a Britney covers EP last year) had his earlier work released on vinyl and said something to the effect that he actually didn't make anything off the vinyl but wanted people to have it and it gave him something to tour in support of. 

Different situation but I remember Sarah Silverman also talking about how she didn't make anything off of DVD sales of her own show.

I know Danity Kane also talked about how they never made money off of the albums they sold. There's a lot of examples of that when you look into it.

So, like, yeah, it's going to be supporting the C-Ship but it's probably not going to be paying for everyone's coffees at Starbucks. Idk. Maybe it is. I mean, buying that Oops era merch will be for sure. Honestly, it'll break my heart next year when I can't buy Britney era merch.

The excuses and justifying.  "Yeah it's going to the cship". Honestly disgusting how anyone can justify putting any money into the hands of her abusers who have stolen her years,  her children, her money and her life. It doesn't matter how much you think does or does not go to them. Just think about what you said.  Yeah it goes to her abusers. While she's refusing to work because of what's happened to her for all these years.  Are you a fan of Britney or her merch? I think a lot of you have to honestly ask yourselves this.

1 hour ago, Justney said:

The excuses and justifying.  "Yeah it's going to the cship". Honestly disgusting how anyone can justify putting any money into the hands of her abusers who have stolen her years,  her children, her money and her life. It doesn't matter how much you think does or does not go to them. Just think about what you said.  Yeah it goes to her abusers. While she's refusing to work because of what's happened to her for all these years.  Are you a fan of Britney or her merch? I think a lot of you have to honestly ask yourselves this.

I didn’t say anything about whether or not people should buy the record. I don’t care. Someone else said it was the label selling the record, not the c-ship. All I did was point out how that’s actually partially true. 

12 hours ago, Giov_a said:

Guys calm down. This is not the conservatorship, it’s the label. They own the record and masters, so they’re allowed to release this kind of material whenever they want even without asking the artist or the team of the artist. That’s why it’s released by “Legacy”, Britney is now a catalog artist. It’s the same as the recopilation albums released every year for every other artist.

I don’t get why this is so hard for people to understand.

I interviewed Davidson Ospina and we talked about his Oops! remixes, it was awesome to ask him questions about the behind the scene stuff.  It was interesting to hear about how a remixer gets commissioned. Also, I am looking for lovers of music to be interviewed for future episodes!  Let me know if you are interested!   https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-original-doll-britney-spears/id1528417596#episodeGuid=theoriginaldoll.podbean.com%2F44045d28-d041-3c54-85e9-84f1d4e061b6

On 9/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, VCTR said:

I've been able to interview different artists, producers, etc from the recording industry in a future episode I deep dive into this!  You are correct on many things!

Archived