Britney has a new compilation album 'Oops!...I did it again (Remixes and B-Sides)' coming out soon!

ColdAsFire88

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dream Within a Dream said:

Will the record show up on the site on the 26th? 🥺

the website says they ship globally and i would love to have a copy.

So, the way it works is each record store isn't allowed to post any of their left over records until noon (I think) the day of the RSD. The way they were talking to me made it sound like they thought they were going to get a lot of Britney records. So, it's possible it'll won't make it to noon, but it probably will.

For example, I know they had a big stack of Robyn records and, while they did sell a lot in the store, they had plenty to go online. I think Robyn was up on the website till around 4 or 5.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you (or anyone) has any questions about RSD and I'll be happy to help. I only physically went and waited in line twice. It's pretty wild. It's basically Black Friday for record stores. 

6 minutes ago, VCTR said:

So, the way it works is each record store isn't allowed to post any of their left over records until noon (I think) the day of the RSD. The way they were talking to me made it sound like they thought they were going to get a lot of Britney records. So, it's possible it'll won't make it to noon, but it probably will.

For example, I know they had a big stack of Robyn records and, while they did sell a lot in the store, they had plenty to go online. I think Robyn was up on the website till around 4 or 5.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you (or anyone) has any questions about RSD and I'll be happy to help. I only physically went and waited in line twice. It's pretty wild. It's basically Black Friday for record stores. 

I've heard that it's Noon the next day from another record store but that was before the release was delayed to September.

I'll contact them and see. 

22 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I've heard that it's Noon the next day from another record store but that was before the release was delayed to September.

I'll contact them and see. 

Just messaged the Luna girls. They just told me it's noon the day of RSD.

8 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Please don’t kill the messenger :jj: but I was reviewing Britney’s discography this morning so I could comment on another thread and I found something :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what: Britney has another compilation album coming out...this month :walkonby:

Per her Wikipedia Oops!...I did it again (Remixes and B-Sides) is coming out on September 26, 2020 :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow: Anyone know about this? I’m definitely interested in the B-Sides part of this album :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: 

Just now that if you buy this, you're supporting the conservatorship. Boycott this 

On 9/7/2020 at 9:52 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s the vinyl 

Really?!? Are you sure? I mean, the vinyl is already released and available to buy thru Britney's official website. And, is only the original track list of the OIDIA album. This one, mentions remixes and B-Sides tracks?

Ok, there are two different LPs (vinyl albums) of the OIDIA album...:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

1) 'Oops!... I Did It Again (20th Anniversary Edition Picture Vinyl)'. Already released, with the original track list.

https://store.britneyspears.com/products/oops-i-did-it-again-20th-anniversary-edition-picture-vinyl?variant=32840144715864

2) 'Oops!... I Did It Again (Remixes and B-Sides)'. To be release on September 26, 2020 (on the Record Store Day). By the info in the website, is only 1 vinyl with the following tracks and description:

Only a year after the success of her debut album …Baby One More Time, Britney Spears’ sophomore album was another offering of pop perfection for the TRL generation, setting a years-long record for the highest first week of sales by a female performer. Oops!…I Did It Again was no accident – and to celebrate its 20th anniversary, this new collection, exclusively on vinyl for Record Store Day 2020 features four rare remixes of the hits “Oops!...I Did It Again,” “Lucky,” “Stronger” and “Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know,” plus four rare songs from the album sessions only released outside the U.S., including a cover of The Jets’ classic ballad “You Got It All.”

Side A: 1. “Oops!... I Did It Again (Ospina's Deep Club Mix)” 2. “Lucky (Jason Nevins Mixshow Edit)” 3. “Stronger (Mac Quayle Club Mix)” 4. “Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know (Hex Hector Radio Mix)”

Side B: 5. “You Got It All” 6. “Girl in the Mirror” 7. “Heart” 8. “Walk On By”

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/11963

music video britney GIF

• 2 weeks later...

Guys calm down. This is not the conservatorship, it’s the label. They own the record and masters, so they’re allowed to release this kind of material whenever they want even without asking the artist or the team of the artist. That’s why it’s released by “Legacy”, Britney is now a catalog artist. It’s the same as the recopilation albums released every year for every other artist.

Archived