When S3X Doesn't Sell

ColdAsFire88

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

It’s all relative. My logic is that it’s the same as having a #1 song for one week and then plummets down the charts for the next few weeks. Like yeah, you got a #1 and therefore must have built a lot of hype or have a really dedicated fanbase. But if it just keeps dropping and it’s not memorable, then is really that big of a success?

For a newer or niche artist, #15 is huge. For two huge popstars who are hugely successful, attractive, giving straight boys *** appeal while women feel empowered and the gays are happy, getting a #15 but never hearing the song on the radio, in clubs, or anyone else talking about it, even on pop music forums, it seems like a flop to me.

I agree with this. There are some really really good songs from the 90's that never hit #1 but people can sing till this day. 

Like Alanis Morrisettes' You Oughta Know peaked at #6 but is iconic :mhm:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I agree with this. There are some really really good songs from the 90's that never hit #1 but people can sing till this day. 

Like Alanis Morrisettes' You Oughta Know peaked at #6 but is iconic :mhm:

Toxic is Britney’s most well-known song and is still on the radio today, yet it peaked at #9. HIAM, S&M (Remix) and 3 all went to #1, but don’t have anything near the same relevance. TTWE is even better known than those three I think.

28 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

Didn't Cindy Lauper tried to be **** on late 80s to the 90s and by then the audience weren't impressed since Madonna already done it earlier?

I feel like this started with her album called A Night To Remember sounds like One Night in Paris :makeup: 

Anyway, I found this MV which did ok on BB100 BUT My first nigh with you flopped. 

17 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

come through ariana grande GIF by Music Choice

I mean the topic title is "When sex doesn't sell", and I'd argue that none of those songs or their corresponding videos were particularly **** other than maybe Touch My Body. Note that nobody is denying that those songs were hits, just that they don't really follow the topic's prerequisites.

I think it depends when they have to restore to selling S3X. The music is there, the sales have dropped or mostly not vocally talented. The perfect example is Christina Because she wanted get rid of disney persona which worked but didn’t help her career. Plus she tried to do the same route over and over. If you look at all her albums (not debut & BTB) she has the same pattern. A ****** song and then a ballad and it doesn’t work. Insert 2 to 4 year break every album cycle. 

Stripped: 1st single - Dirrty/2nd single - Beautiful 

Bionic: 1st single - Not myself tonight/2nd single - you lost me

lotus: 1st single - your body/2nd single just a fool

liberation: 1st single - accelerate/2nd single - fall in line 

5ece3a81d4896311dee4e343e49e1e9b.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, K-man said:

I think it depends when they have to restore to selling S3X. The music is there, the sales have dropped or mostly not vocally talented. The perfect example is Christina Because she wanted get rid of disney persona which worked but didn’t help her career. Plus she tried to do the same route over and over. If you look at all her albums (not debut & BTB) she has the same pattern. A ****** song and then a ballad and it doesn’t work. Insert 2 to 4 year break every album cycle. 

Stripped: 1st single - Dirrty/2nd single - Beautiful 

Bionic: 1st single - Not myself tonight/2nd single - you lost me

lotus: 1st single - your body/2nd single just a fool

liberation: 1st single - accelerate/2nd single - fall in line 

5ece3a81d4896311dee4e343e49e1e9b.gif

YES! I feel like Christina is one of those artists that doesn't need to rely on *** to sell records...but for whatever reason...well she fell into that category trying to compete with Britney :tiffeyeroll: but she doesn't sell *** as well as Britney :bedtime: But artists like Whitney, Celine and Adele do well without selling *** (well Whitney is gone) but you get my point. 

3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

It’s all relative. My logic is that it’s the same as having a #1 song for one week and then plummets down the charts for the next few weeks. Like yeah, you got a #1 and therefore must have built a lot of hype or have a really dedicated fanbase. But if it just keeps dropping and it’s not memorable, then is really that big of a success?

For a newer or niche artist, #15 is huge. For two huge popstars who are hugely successful, attractive, giving straight boys *** appeal while women feel empowered and the gays are happy, getting a #15 but never hearing the song on the radio, in clubs, or anyone else talking about it, even on pop music forums, it seems like a flop to me.

That’s when I didn’t care about Rihanna anymore, but I heard that song everywhere. Annoyingly too much 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Style. said:

:airpls:

Reveal hidden contents

original.gif

Who dat asian chick? :pretends:

3 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

Are we forgetting about Ari’s raciest bop? It peaked at 55, dismal for her standards. 

I totally forgot this song. I was so disappointed when this became a single. The song is hella annoying and I DESPISE Future cos he's a slime *** dead beat

3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Who dat asian chick? :pretends:

I totally forgot this song. I was so disappointed when this became a single. The song is hella annoying and I DESPISE Future cos he's a slime *** dead beat

Noooooo whyyyyyyy, I love it lol. I mean, there were far better options for singles in DW, but well... :fakecry:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block