When S3X Doesn't Sell

ColdAsFire88

I was watching some 80's & 90's music videos and I noticed that some of the artists aren't around anymore. It doesn't diminish their star power or likability,  but I noticed a trend in a lot of the MV's that were coming up on the playlist: S3X :demi:

Since Aaron Carter is doing live **** I felt like this would be a good topic to discuss :mhm: I feel that a lot of pop stars are groomed or pressured into showing more and more skin so they get a reaction and sell more records  :tired:In the end it sometimes backfires. That said, I'd like to shed light on music videos that tried to sell S3X but didn't work out. 

I think a great example of this is Christina Aguileras Not Myself Tonight. It was supposed to be her comeback single or throne reclamation. The song debuted at #23 and fell every week after that :clicktina: I recall some cringing at this MV and even calling her desperate. I thought she looked gorgeous :chrissy:

What are some music videos that you think tried to sell S3X but failed?

2B2F8DC9-1738-42F5-965B-E01511BF6878.jpeg.3c963cecdde3a9812ee9c4c4bfa4dd53.jpeg

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I was watching some 80's & 90's music videos and I noticed that some of the artists aren't around anymore. It doesn't diminish their star power or likability,  but I noticed a trend in a lot of the MV's that were coming up on the playlist: S3X :demi:

Since Aaron Carter is doing live **** I felt like this would be a good topic to discuss :mhm: I feel that a lot of pop stars are groomed or pressured into showing more and more skin so they get a reaction and sell more records  :tired:In the end it sometimes backfires. That said, I'd like to shed light on music videos that tried to sell S3X but didn't work out. 

I think a great example of this is Christina Aguileras Not Myself Tonight. It was supposed to be her comeback single or throne reclamation. The song debuted at #23 and fell every week after that :clicktina: I recall some cringing at this MV and even calling her desperate. I thought she looked gorgeous :chrissy:

What are some music videos that you think tried to sell S3X but failed?

2B2F8DC9-1738-42F5-965B-E01511BF6878.jpeg.3c963cecdde3a9812ee9c4c4bfa4dd53.jpeg

Cardi B Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, HoneyBooBoo said:

The car wash scene is iconic tho fat gift card GIF

Aww I love this gem! I can't remember what diet she went on for this movie and video, but I remember how much she craved Mac N Cheese :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

4 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Not Myself Tonight is a weird song with an even weirder music video that also was just cringe to me. :teigen:

And this is coming from someone who loves the Accelerate video. 

Anyways, great thread! It’s a good conversation starter for sure. 

I think they shot it well, but there's like 0 storyline to the video and the song is kind of weird.

TONIGHT I'M NOT THE SAME GIRL SAME GIRL :makeup:

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I think they shot it well, but there's like 0 storyline to the video and the song is kind of weird.

TONIGHT I'M NOT THE SAME GIRL SAME GIRL :makeup:

Agreed. It was just too soulless, meaningless, and tried too hard for me. I’m ok with things getting weird or freaky, but that was the whole video and it just came off looking bad IMO. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It didn’t fail. It inspired me to buy that trash movie just so I could have a copy of that flawless iconic video. So iconic even P!nk and Eminem felt inspired to shade ha :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:pink-stupid-girls-thatgrapejuice.jpgtrisha2.png

Yessss! U r right! Even Paris Hilton did Carl’s Jr commercial too. Don’t know who did it first tho? 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block