"Baby One More Time" AI remastered in 4K + Audio Remastered

MSTAR

Hi! :hiii:

I’m happy to share an upscale in 4K of Baby One More Time! I keep now original frame rate to not cause artefacts and visual glitching. I included some uncut dancing scenes to not have the best dancing parts being cut (and also for letting it on YouTube). 
I’m improving everytime my upscales, I think I had better results with 3, Circus, My Prerogative and Radar, so tell me if this one is also great.

Hope you enjoy! :makeitrain:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Her team shoudlve hired u for the 20th annieversary to make 4K video of BOMT :yeahhh:

Thank you!

If only I had better sources for the uncut scenes, the rips of the DVD Greatest Hits: My Prerogative are so low quality, and upscaling just enhanced a little more.

57 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Hi! :hiii:

I’m happy to share an upscale in 4K of Baby One More Time! I keep now original frame rate to not cause artefacts and visual glitching. I included some uncut dancing scenes to not have the best dancing parts being cut (and also for letting it on YouTube). 
I’m improving everytime my upscales, I think I had better results with 3, Circus, My Prerogative and Radar, so tell me if this one is also great.

Hope you enjoy! :makeitrain:

You read my mind re the circus one and Every time  - work bit*h would be amazing!!!!

Love your work!!

2 minutes ago, JoshuaWood said:

You read my mind re the circus one and Every time  - work bit*h would be amazing!!!!

Love your work!!

I already did Circus and Everytime, I had awesome results on Circus but never tried Work B8ch, I will maybe do it later since it’s at least HD.

6 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Omg thank you!!! :o

But why you don’t like video remasters in general? (It’s just to learn how I can improve more my remasters)

I don't like video remasters because everyone thinks it's easy to make a HD video out of a very LQ video. So a lot of people who make them just use sharpen and/or blur filters, add some contrast and that's it. And it looks worse than the original.

I think it's very hard to improve the quality of a video or audio with good results. One of my hobbies is remastering/restoring audio from vinyl records and that's why I'm saying this.:verycool:  It takes long hours sometimes  :forkit:

5 minutes ago, Nickey said:

I don't like video remasters because everyone thinks it's easy to make a HD video out of a very LQ video. So a lot of people who make them just use sharpen and/or blur filters, add some contrast and that's it. And it looks worse than the original.

I think it's very hard to improve the quality of a video or audio with good results. One of my hobbies is remastering/restoring audio from vinyl records and that's why I'm saying this.:verycool:  It takes long hours sometimes  :forkit:

Yeah I understand, but it also depends on the source of the upscale, like if it’s from DVD or a ProRes Master. In general, Masters performs better for AI upscaling, but sometimes, DVD rips are better. I try now to make a clean remaster without too much of modifications or editing, like I did on 3, Circus and Baby One More Time. It takes a whole day to upscale with AI in 4K, for just a 3 or 4 minutes video, even on powerful computer, so yeah remastering need patience. But what I do is just for fun and experiencing, I hope her label would remaster her videos with their original materials and 35mm films to get a proper HD remaster.

17 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I already did Circus and Everytime, I had awesome results on Circus but never tried Work B8ch, I will maybe do it later since it’s at least HD.

Hi, you're right - I have seen both a few times, I had forgotten when I said the message last night, haha. Oops/ Lucky also is stunning

On 9/7/2020 at 10:00 AM, reputation said:

omg no way I didn’t know you were on Exhale!! my family just got a new TV and i’ve been watching your videos non-stop to admire the quality :makeitrain: you’re so good!! please make more in the future since these are the closest things we have to her remastered MVs (team B is so f-ing useless :slayde:)

Oh thank you, glad to know that you enjoy those upscales!! Yeah I will release more very soon! :) 

Archived