Is Katy Perry's "Smile" A Sign Of Goodbye?

Her name is big enough that she can accomplish a huge comeback album whenever she wants but... she needs new management and a new creative director. The Smile clown aesthetics were not it... they didn’t capitalize on Never Really Over like they should have... then they chose the worst singles to release. A mess. 

Katy can still have a hit era, she just needs a team to help her because her quirky side is not appealing to the GP. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

Her name is big enough that she can accomplish a huge comeback album whenever she wants but... she needs new management and a new creative director. The Smile clown aesthetics were not it... they didn’t capitalize on Never Really Over like they should have... then they chose the worst singles to release. A mess. 

Katy can still have a hit era, she just needs a team to help her because her quirky side is not appealing to the GP. 

she should do some ballad hits, her ballads usually chart really well and she does have a lovely pop/radio friendly voice, so it fits ballads really well. 

I mean, Unconditionally is sucha good song :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

And even Cry About It Later is a WONDERFUL song:

So, I'd say her "California Gurl" aesthetic needs to stay in the past because she legit is a WOMAN now, not a girly girl. But switch to a more serious tone of ballads (and go back to black tbh, blonde hair made her lose her signature). 

• 5 weeks later...

This streaming era has really made the music consumption worse, she is not here for the charts when she was she proved herself. She has a family now, has kids and IMO more curved towards being a mother right now. So what her music isn't topping the chart? Billboard have stayed irrrevalant for a long time now - I don't even remember what top 10 hits are in my playlist from a long decade now. 

No artist has to keep a eye on charts everytime, if Celine Dion releases a song it won't chart in Top 5 or Top 10 but who cares? there was a time when songs charted are the ones at least I was listening to now when I see them most songs I don't even know. 

She won't retire, might take a hiatus. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block