Fun facts about The Circus: starring Britney Spears

Thelegendarybritney

Hi guys,

With @Slayer's Circus Megarate ceremony happening on Sunday, i thought i would make a thread discussing some of the fun facts about The Circus Tour: Starring Britney Spears :makeitrain:. It is definitely one of my favorite tours and the production is impeccable so let's look back on some of the fun facts this amazing tour. 

tumblr_mnfhe0YO6I1qd8zg3o1_500.gif

Fun fact #1: The Circus tour sold out 500,000 tickets within release that Britney had to add more tour dates to satisfy the fans. The tour then became the fifth highest grossing tour by a female artist at the time. 

c52cdafcf8d238372d49d97085a7e656f3e058a1

Fun fact #2: Before the show began, the crowd was treated to Britney's person playlist which included songs by Jay Z, Beyonce and Madonna. 

Fun fact #3: One time Britney wished fans Merry Christmas during the DC show in March because she lost a bet to one of her dancers.

Fun fact #4: Many times during the ''Touch of my hands'' number, Britney was reported to have been feeling sick due the demanding routine of spinning in the air and Britney asked to change it to make it less challenging. 

Fun fact #5: since it was an open stage consisting of 3 rings, Britney was actually transported to the stage prior to the show by her security guard in a black box to avoid attention 

Fun fact #6: Britney performed You outta know and I'm scared by Duffy. Blessing us with one of the best live vocal moments during this tour :makeitrain: 

Fun fact #8: The tour was professional record and the Australian leg was recorded as well but we never got an official release of the dvd :kyliecry: . Also Britney did an Australian leg which is pretty unusual but it was a great excuse for her to see Australia and perform for the fans there.

tumblr_lw2gy1Hdhi1r3ty02o1_500.gifv

Fun fact #9: Everytime was not included in the official set list but it was performed regularly on the show. Mannequin was added for some European dates but later was removed from the setlist. 

The Official setlist which was released in March 2009

Perez/Parade Intro
Circus (Funky Remix)

Piece of Me

Thunderstorm Segue

Radar

HOUSE OF FUN (Anything Goes)

Martial Arts Segue
Ooh Ooh Baby/Hot as Ice

Boys

If U Seek Amy

Me Against the Music (Bollywood)

FREAKSHOW/PEEPSHOW

Everybody's Looking for Something Segue
Freakshow

Get Naked

Britney's Hotline

Breathe on Me/Touch of My Hand

ELECTRO CIRC

Break the Ice Segue
Do Something

Slave

Dancer Solo Segue/Heartbeat Segue

Toxic

Baby One More Time (Remix)

ENCORE

Womanizer (Extended Remix)
Circus Reprise: The Bow

DwV5HDCUcAAroks.jpg

Let me know what your favorite moments from the show are :makeitrain: and if you have any other fun facts, please leave them below :kiss:

BONUS FUN FACT:

One of our very own Exhale members, @TakeYourHand , participated in a contest to create an official commercial for the tour. He ended up winning free tickets to the Circus tour and got featured on Britney's website, which is the coolest thing ever! You can check his commercial down below: 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MathCarmignani said:

how come Everytime wasnt on the official setlist? Wasnt it performed every single night??

Also is anybody else obsessed with the 3rd leg Tulsa date? She was on fire that night and her hair OMG :tiffanycries:

Yes i was surprised to find out that Everytime was not on the original set list too. They must have added it for a slow performance with a ballad like her tour usually has. 

And yes i love that leg, she looked amazing there :kyliecry:

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Love this tour, the version of Slave 4 u for this tour is the best. 

My fave performance is Touch Of My Hand.

Can someone please do something about that dvd release :yesplease:

There is a dvd i know it :yesplease: we need a hacker to deliver it to us 

I wonder what they did with the professional recording :crying1: imagine if they released it on circus 20th anniversary 

1 hour ago, MathCarmignani said:

how come Everytime wasnt on the official setlist? Wasnt it performed every single night??

Also is anybody else obsessed with the 3rd leg Tulsa date? She was on fire that night and her hair OMG :tiffanycries:

Yesss I remember freaking out over her hair and that radar performance a decade ago!!

10 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Another fun fact: Britneys best inteludes were on this tour! The Sweet Dreams one and the Break The Ice one. The first has Pigrez so let’s leave that one out.

The sweet dream interlude took everyone by surprise and was loved by fans and critics :yay: it's also my favorite Britney's interlude 

6 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Ugh and to think this tour was even more criticized than the Femme Fatale tour:jl:

Stans that witnessed this are so lucky. Younger stans like me that grew up on Piece Of Me Vegas really had it rough:crying1:

I know i was 10 during the time of this tour :crying1: i wish i could have appreciated it more at the time 

Archived