Troye Sivan drags "Youth" and Charli XCX won't stand for it

Jordan Miller

I feel like it's normal, for the artist it's not just a song, it's something they did. Have you ever found an essay you'd written a couple of years ago and cringed because of how badly written you think it is? We tend to be overly critical with ourselves, it's just human nature, besides that song came out when he was soooo young, it shouldn't surprise us that he doesn't like it anymore. Either way, it's still a bop like his whole discography :praisega:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Silhouette said:

I feel like it's normal, for the artist it's not just a song, it's something they did. Have you ever found an essay you'd written a couple of years ago and cringed because of how badly written you think it is? We tend to be overly critical with ourselves, it's just human nature, besides that song came out when he was soooo young, it shouldn't surprise us that he doesn't like it anymore. Either way, it's still a bop like his whole discography :praisega:

45 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I think it's more a case of them not being able to relate to it now.

Think about how many times you've cringed at your older self.

Your songs are part of your older form, so I think it's only natural that you kinda hate it, because you're not at that place anymore.

It all so true yet, he did not has to shade it publicly. That may be the problem people has with artists shaming their work. It's part of their discography either way so :tired: he has spent to much time with Ariana :chrissy:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

It all so true yet, he did not has to shade it publicly. That may be the problem people has with artists shaming their work. It's part of their discography either way so :tired: he has spent to much time with Ariana :chrissy:

I can see what you mean and I understand why people don't like when artists do that, but I personally find that it humanises them in a way. I don't know if it makes sense, but in my case I always love to hear a singer's opinion on their work, whether it's positive or negative, and I think it's really interesting when they speak about their older stuff because they're able to reflect about it from another perspective, and even give a more sincere opinion because when you're promoting new music you're obviously going to say that it's great, even if you think it's not :miley:

Hmm I mean, I kinda get it.

The Blue Neighbourhood album is flawless imo. It’s like a young gay mans diary of coming to terms with his sexuality and understanding the world around him. He’s now an adult and is comfortable with himself. I can see why he may not wish to revisit those songs and isn’t much of a fan of them. Maybe.

If he ever drags Heaven though, boy I’ll ignore the lockdown and come straight to Melbourne and kick your *** :mariahstare: 

22 hours ago, Silhouette said:

I can see what you mean and I understand why people don't like when artists do that, but I personally find that it humanises them in a way. I don't know if it makes sense, but in my case I always love to hear a singer's opinion on their work, whether it's positive or negative, and I think it's really interesting when they speak about their older stuff because they're able to reflect about it from another perspective, and even give a more sincere opinion because when you're promoting new music you're obviously going to say that it's great, even if you think it's not :miley:

Wow, great point! I have never think about it like that ever before. Many thanks for broadening my perspective. :imacoolmom:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block