Do You Guys Watch/Like ASMR?

:mhm:

I've been watching ASMR since waaaay before it was mainstream. I got to watch the original ASMR "artists" before everyone and their mother jumped into the trend, and started doing these over the top videos with their provocative thumbnails.

Sadly, many of the original ASMR-ists had stopped doing videos over the years, or not so regularly.

Though I'm still subscribed to many ASMR channels, I mostly do it now, just because I like the creators of these channels, and not so much because of the effect I get from them. The most effective ones have always been the unintentional videos, like medical exams done by actual doctors or medical students, or some tutorials, like this Alexander technique video.

But my absolute favorite is Dr. Gill. He did a series of medical exam demonstrations with his students back in 2015, and they became very popular. Not so many channels are appreciative of this, usually when medical exams start getting popularity, the channels go and disable the comments, killing the fun which is a parallel experience among the ASMR consumers, reading the comments sections. But Dr. Gill didn't, in fact, eventually he noticed this and started his own channel and is now very connected to all of us, his fans lol He's very smart and kind, and very open to this whole ASMR experience, he still don't quite get himself.

This is one of his best videos, introducing the now iconic phrase "putabitofpaper"

another running gag is how his patients remove their t-shirts in record time lol

or how hairy British guys seem to be  lol

but all these videos like this

are my favorite ones

but each time it gets harder to find good content. I can't at all those "creators" that make it so overly ****** and fetish-y

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:mhm:

I've been watching ASMR since waaaay before it was mainstream. I got to watch the original ASMR "artists" before everyone and their mother jumped into the trend, and started doing these over the top videos with their provocative thumbnails.

Sadly, many of the original ASMR-ists had stopped doing videos over the years, or not so regularly.

Though I'm still subscribed to many ASMR channels, I mostly do it now, just because I like the creators of these channels, and not so much because of the effect I get from them. The most effective ones have always been the unintentional videos, like medical exams done by actual doctors or medical students, or some tutorials, like this Alexander technique video.

But my absolute favorite is Dr. Gill. He did a series of medical exam demonstrations with his students back in 2015, and they became very popular. Not so many channels are appreciative of this, usually when medical exams start getting popularity, the channels go and disable the comments, killing the fun which is a parallel experience among the ASMR consumers, reading the comments sections. But Dr. Gill didn't, in fact, eventually he noticed this and started his own channel and is now very connected to all of us, his fans lol He's very smart and kind, and very open to this whole ASMR experience, he still don't quite get himself.

This is one of his best videos, introducing the now iconic phrase "putabitofpaper"

another running gag is how his patients remove their t-shirts in record time lol

or how hairy British guys seem to be  lol

but all these videos like this

are my favorite ones

but each time it gets harder to find good content. I can't at all those "creators" that make it so overly ****** and fetish-y

Dr Gill is cute, can’t wait till he sells out and starts an OF :jl:

• Haha 3

Never understood the hype around this. :cheese:

It's freaking creepy especially that one lady that's chewing a giant pickle. The ones where people are eating, slerping or smacking their lips drive me nuts.:didilie:

Don't get me started on the ones where people with long arse nails are touching the mic or are banging on a surface with them. :lessons:

I'll try to listen to the ones you've shared and let you know what I think lmao:jl: I have a bad feeling about this 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Never understood the hype around this. :cheese:

It's freaking creepy especially that one lady that's chewing a giant pickle. The ones where people are eating, slerping or smacking their lips drive me nuts.:didilie:

Don't get me started on the ones where people with long arse nails are touching the mic or are banging on a surface with them. :lessons:

I'll try to listen to the ones you've shared and let you know what I think lmao:jl: I have a bad feeling about this 

I think not everybody get it, or have the wrong idea about it.

Those of us who enjoy ASRM, usually it's because we've actually experienced it in our every day lives. My earliest memories of experiencing that was while being a little kid and getting a haircut. When they use the clips around my ears, or when they're almost done, and they pass the clips again throughout your head but only to trim down any sparse hair that's still longer than the rest, and they do this very slow, precise motion, I ended up literally having goosebumps all over my body.

But I would also feel it while going to some office, or accompanying my mom to the bank or something, when there is this lady that very delicately manages the papers, and writes things down, and put seals, and point things with a pencil or pen. :haha:

There are many different kind of triggers. I don't like the chewing ones either, I find them gross. But there other triggers that make use of sound, mainly whispering, but it doesn't have to be "******" or intimate, just whispering. Or there's another very popular trigger that is people making unintelligible sounds, that seem like they're talking, but they're not saying anything, they're just like "shrshshrsh rhshrshr".

Another important aspect is the location or position the sound comes from, and that's why many creators use the binaural micorphones, because that way they don't only play with the sounds, but also, make you feel like you're hearing them from behind, from one side, then the other, they're far then they're close, and that change in itself is very triggering too.

There's also visual triggers, which the most popular is pointing things, either with a pencil like a said, or with fingers, in a very delicate manner. That's why folding things tutorials, or for example, origami tutorials, are very triggering too.

Actually, this is the first video I saw that actually introduced me to the ASMR concept. It finally put a name to that phenomenon I've been experiencing my whole life, and discovered that I wasn't the only one. There isn't even a lot of medical research about it, despite being so common.

It's from 2012 or something, I remember I was in college, and I saw this BBC article that spoke about it, and I watched it and fell in love with her, her voice, her hand gestures.

these are other channels I used to follow

but you really need headphones to fully enjoy it, and preferably a big screen, when it's about visual triggers

This is a channel I follow in particular, not because of the ASMR, but because she makes many kinds of videos. Ones were she's organizing things on stores' aisles  :haha: and the other ones are her rambling about the neighborhood gossip, which is very interesting even though I don't know anyone she talks about. Also love her accent

But perhaps the most known ASMR videos are Bob Ross, even though people is not aware of it

• Love 2

Basically, watching ASMR clips, you don't have to try to make it make sense. It's all about the triggers, and if you're trying to find something else, you just won't like it.

Like this other channel, she always does these videos where she's supposedly playing a role, but the actual things she does, are completely nonsensical, but it's all about the triggers

Lately, I've found other channels, but only particular videos have caught me

like this

and this

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think not everybody get it, or have the wrong idea about it.

Those of us who enjoy ASRM, usually it's because we've actually experienced it in our every day lives. My earliest memories of experiencing that was while being a little kid and getting a haircut. When they use the clips around my ears, or when they're almost done, and they pass the clips again throughout your head but only to trim down any sparse hair that's still longer than the rest, and they do this very slow, precise motion, I ended up literally having goosebumps all over my body.

But I would also feel it while going to some office, or accompanying my mom to the bank or something, when there is this lady that very delicately manages the papers, and writes things down, and put seals, and point things with a pencil or pen. :haha:

There are many different kind of triggers. I don't like the chewing ones either, I find them gross. But there other triggers that make use of sound, mainly whispering, but it doesn't have to be "******" or intimate, just whispering. Or there's another very popular trigger that is people making unintelligible sounds, that seem like they're talking, but they're not saying anything, they're just like "shrshshrsh rhshrshr".

Another important aspect is the location or position the sound comes from, and that's why many creators use the binaural micorphones, because that way they don't only play with the sounds, but also, make you feel like you're hearing them from behind, from one side, then the other, they're far then they're close, and that change in itself is very triggering too.

There's also visual triggers, which the most popular is pointing things, either with a pencil like a said, or with fingers, in a very delicate manner. That's why folding things tutorials, or for example, origami tutorials, are very triggering too.

Actually, this is the first video I saw that actually introduced me to the ASMR concept. It finally put a name to that phenomenon I've been experiencing my whole life, and discovered that I wasn't the only one. There isn't even a lot of medical research about it, despite being so common.

It's from 2012 or something, I remember I was in college, and I saw this BBC article that spoke about it, and I watched it and fell in love with her, her voice, her hand gestures.

these are other channels I used to follow

but you really need headphones to fully enjoy it, and preferably a big screen, when it's about visual triggers

This is a channel I follow in particular, not because of the ASMR, but because she makes many kinds of videos. Ones were she's organizing things on stores' aisles  :haha: and the other ones are her rambling about the neighborhood gossip, which is very interesting even though I don't know anyone she talks about. Also love her accent

But perhaps the most known ASMR videos are Bob Ross, even though people is not aware of it

Well, I tried. I'm more freaked out than before. It's just not for me. 

Appreciate your input. Very informative. Thanks. 

• Haha 2

Some people even say its a form of synesthesia, like how some people "see" sounds, in this case, sound or visual stimuli triggers the same mechanisms as if they were touching you. Like if someone touched with their finger the back of tour head very lightly, or any other kind of thing that would give make you feel chills.

Last videos I share, I promise lol

This one, especially the phone call

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block