2018 Reddit post: "A lot of people who post/comment on BreatheHeavy forums are terrible human beings"

GMFlop

16 hours ago, sanpedro said:

Breathe Heavy had a dark phase around 2017 with a group of users Jordan was scared to ban (they said things about Britney I wouldn’t say about my worst enemy and Jordan never did nothing until after like a year).

I think I know who you’re talking about and tbh, I am glad they’re gone. 
I feel like over the years I’ve been on here, there’s been some pretty mean stuff said about Britney. A lot of the meltdowns were excessive too. I think nowadays, the forum is a lot more positive though.
But in general, there’s always going to be ****ty people all over the internet who try and bring others down. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Korb said:

I was here since 2011,the queenflopga era if yall remember. Honey...it was definitely a time.
Trolling was at an all time high,and I believe we had a member who was a known ped0phile:mariahstare:

Does anyone remember that loser named Cherri (or something like that) and its group of pathetic loser friends? That wasn't so long ago and I remember they ran round' here saying the most awful **** ever about Britney and NOTHING was done about it for the longest. :schoolingtime:
I believe they got me banned back then because I got into a beef with one of their "members" and dragged them at some point.

I was banned about 5 times 2011-2013 period omg. I made hit thread after hit thread only about gif competitions and with more than a hundred pages :orangu: 

2013-2016 were meltdowns after meltdown I participated and I  joined universe briefly 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

I totally agree. I've been following Breatheheavy for 15 years now. Yeap, that long. Everyday longing on to get updated on everything Britney. After 15 years I decided to create an account and join in on the forum. I thought it would be fun to share opinions and ideas and our general love for pop culture and music. All I have noticed since then, is negativity, people being nasty to me and others, rude, judgmental, as if we are competing against each other for something. I feel there is no unity on here, nor does it feel like a safe space. I got attitude from members but also moderators. I don't even feel a lot of these people are genuine fans. Saying that, unfortunately most forums are like that. I don't think Breatheheavy is in a good place right now. It's kinda messy. Experiencing every change it went through, I'm allowed to be honest and say that with love :)That's all. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

Appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad experience especially considering you’re a long-standing reader / member. Hopefully in time you will see things change for the better. 🙏

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Korb said:

I was here since 2011,the queenflopga era if yall remember. Honey...it was definitely a time.
Trolling was at an all time high,and I believe we had a member who was a known ped0phile:mariahstare:

Does anyone remember that loser named Cherri (or something like that) and its group of pathetic loser friends? That wasn't so long ago and I remember they ran round' here saying the most awful **** ever about Britney and NOTHING was done about it for the longest. :schoolingtime:
I believe they got me banned back then because I got into a beef with one of their "members" and dragged them at some point.

yes I remember her 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Look, don't get me wrong because I am not about that "suck it up" mentality I swear, but some people seriously need to realize some things ASAP. Mean online people are literally unhappy, frustrated, sad individuals unable and too afraid to cope with the reality of their lives. This is why they reflect this online; their online behavior is a mere shadow of what they WISHED they could be in real life. Especially when it comes to pop online forums, it is usually bullied gays who don't have the courage or strength to stand up to their bullies so they do it online.

That's it, and it amazes me how some people still don't see this? It doesn't take a strong mind or a superhuman mental strength and stability, it's literal logic and some research. People have got  to stop whining about this already, online bullies are literally weakest and saddest individuals in the world - those are facts and that includes those on exhale too. That's why I literally don't give them 2 cents and just ignore them. go away goodbye GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, Korb said:

I was a member back then too, that group of people was a mess. There was also a Madonna stan who went out and about and humiliated both Britney and britney stans but still claiming he a fan somehow. I found out for a fact that he's a sociopath :mhm: 

• Love 2

It has definitely gotten so much better in regards to talking about Britney. POM era was terrible when it came to all the Britney bashing. I think the criticisms towards POM were valid, but constantly talking **** about her looks wasn't. :martini: We probably have #FreeBritney to thank for that. I wonder if we'd still bash Britney as much as we used to, had #FreeBritney not happened. :idkney: I definitely wasn't an angel, though. I purposefully clicked on POM threads to drag her. I don't think I've ever been THAT bad, but I definitely did have a very edgy phase here on Exhale. :clownery: These days, I really enjoy all the mature conversations we have about pretty much anything. :nomnom:

• Love 3
23 hours ago, misslyss26 said:

This definitely used to be the case. People were really mean and negative on this forum in the past. I go back to a time when positive Britney fans were called Britards. The forum is more positive now.

i've been watching this site since 2009. i remember the britards thing, but never knew the definition as you put it now :janet:. Nobody writes britards anymore :clap:

• Love 2
  • Leader
6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Look, don't get me wrong because I am not about that "suck it up" mentality I swear, but some people seriously need to realize some things ASAP. Mean online people are literally unhappy, frustrated, sad individuals unable and too afraid to cope with the reality of their lives. This is why they reflect this online; their online behavior is a mere shadow of what they WISHED they could be in real life. Especially when it comes to pop online forums, it is usually bullied gays who don't have the courage or strength to stand up to their bullies so they do it online.

That's it, and it amazes me how some people still don't see this? It doesn't take a strong mind or a superhuman mental strength and stability, it's literal logic and some research. People have got  to stop whining about this already, online bullies are literally weakest and saddest individuals in the world - those are facts and that includes those on exhale too. That's why I literally don't give them 2 cents and just ignore them. go away goodbye GIF

I do agree hurt people hurt people, which is ultimately why I don't get too upset at the end of the day when people say harsh things to me (not so much here, but on social media). But for me, it doesn't end there - I feel compelled to try and help them which is often times futile, but sometimes not. :kidcries: