2018 Reddit post: "A lot of people who post/comment on BreatheHeavy forums are terrible human beings"

GMFlop

I joined here 2 years ago (Although I used to lurk sometimes since like 2013, maybe even before that) and I must say that so much has been changed in short period of time:

-People were hyped for POM and POM 2.0 and there was a lot of praise towards it initially, but eventually it turned into frustration and hate and threads filled with POM/Britney diss happened daily. 
-There were notorious users who would turn EVERYTHING into an argument like if you had any opinion you would get into an argument where everyone was piling on bashing each others :zoomzoom:
-Some people here back then thought being mean ***** is same as being cute and sassy, like they would TEAR you down for liking POM for example:katyclown:
-Everything Britney did got a lot of criticism here. We have to remember that this was pre-#freebritney when majority of people thought Britney herself is milking her "legacy" while being lazy af but in fact she was forced to do those appearances and performances etc :jlostare:
-there was also a lot of those "I hate her hair/lips/nose/eyes/makeup" threads, like multiple being made daily. :hideous:

:kylie: I think Jordan has done such a good job to revive this forum. It feels fresher than ever even when Britney is on hiatus/fighting for her freedom. This is WAYYY welcoming place now than it was when I joined.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I featured this on the homepage because it's something I would like to continue publicly addressing. 

I think that Reddit post is ironic considering it's a pretty toxic comment about toxic comments. However, there is some truth to it. I really opened my eyes this year, and think this is the best place BreatheHeavy / Exhale has ever been in in 16 years. I didn't understand the importance of community building, how to do it etc. I was always SO focused on writing formal news articles on the former homepage that I kind of let Exhale be this wild wild west place where people could just say anything reckless and there was no consequences.

For those reading this, I want you to know Exhale is no longer this way and hasn't been throughout 2020.

All my time and attention goes into Exhale versus writing news articles, and things have changed drastically for the better in terms of engagement, content creation, contribution and positivity. 

There are now clearly laid out rules and a warning points system for those that break these rules. Basically, the rules state: BE KIND. 

To that Reddit user, and anyone who has ever had a negative experience here on Exhale, I want to apologize to you and assure you things have changed and that won't happen again. 🙏  

This feedback hurts, but it's important so I can learn from past mistakes, change and grow. 

Appreciate you guys being a part of Exhale. 💜 

Not u removing my reccomended post :wendycry:

• Haha 1

I think I started to appreciate Exhale more when the Exchanges thing happened. I felt like I was moving home, like not knowing where I was going but really missing where I was before. Somehow Exhale felt like home and when it disappeared my heart was broken :katycry:. Since then, I appreciate this place more (specially since we've been staying home for months due to the pandemic lol). I love Exhale, and the way it is now it's PER-FECT. 

So glad the toxic enviroment is gone forever:gimmemoar:

Not gonna lie, some exhalers tend to be too edgy, diva-ish to new members and have odd superiority complex.

But exhalers are naturally nice and caring. Those who dragged me on my Britney threads are the ones who comforted me on my mental health threads. :hugs:

Exhale is a beautiful place for Britney fans.

Every platform has a fair share of toxic people - Facebook, Twitter, IG, Forums, etc. so attacking Exhale and selective criticism is just stupid.

Generalizing and stereotyping exhalers is not cool.

• Love 3