Ava Max is bigger internationally than her native US, that's okay

ava.jpg.cc15d3725865c206cc731bc7d92d7284.jpg

Checking Ava Max charts around the world. 

Despite peaking at #10 in the US, Sweet and Psycho topped the charts in astounding 22 countries.

Subsequent singles flopped in the US, but proved to be successful in countries like Poland, Russia and basically mainland and Eastern Europe. 

Her trajectory reminds me of another American singer that was way more successful in these areas of Europe than her Native Us. Her name is Anastasia.

Anastasia was in a pre American Idol MTC show called the cut, Hosted by the late Lisa "left eye" lopes of TLC that aired on MTV in the summer of 1997. She was eliminated very early by the Audience which shocked not only Lisa but all the judges, Lisa played a huge role in getting her a contract with Sony music..

Her debut album was called freak of Nature. Only flopped in the US, but she became one of the most beloved Music acts in Europe, to where just like Tina turner she moved there cos her career and success was really in Europe and it's just easier to move to where you're working at. 

Ava will probably flop in the US, but Europe has already embraced her big Time. 

• Super Mods

It's true tbh. Her success in Europe is huge, I hear her on so many radio stations here. Kings and Queens was a major hit too :mhm: I do hope she gets recognized in the USA too. And omg I ADORED Anastacia, European MTV channels played her so much, Paid my dues was a literal smashing hit in all of Europe :crying2: I miss my baby Anastacia tbh. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t compare her to Anastacia tbh, Anastacia barely had any success in the US while Sweet But Psycho was a top 10 hit, and Anastacia was big in Europe right from the start selling millions while Ava is not there yet, I do think her album is gonna be way more successful in Europe (mainly north europe) than in the US

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Stefani said:

I mean she's making 2009 throwback Europop music and even worked with RedOne, so of course she's big in Europe. But nobody's going to care about her chart positions in Croatia or Latvia; most people won't give her the time of day until she smashes in the US again.  

I would rather live in Europe at least they love pop music and gave hip hop and rap music the middle finger. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I would rather live in Europe at least they love pop music and gave hip hop and rap music the middle finger. 

Hip hop/Rap is HUGE in Europe dude. There is a lot more people in just Eastern Europe than the US. So obviously they like more than one genre of music. But Europeans will always love Euro dance/pop, their the OG for that.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block