Which remixes are better than the original version of the song?

On 9/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, MX3 said:

These are such good choices!

I've never listened to Teyana before, I loved the remix and music video :)

I wasn't a fan of the original version of Often, that remix is definitely better :tiffanynod:

The JoJo one is a bop :janet:

Omgg I actually prefer the original version of You & Me, it's perfection! :yesplease:

That Boo'd Up remix is amazing :britlol:

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The Turn This Song Off/Make This Song Stop remix I mean the Stop! remix drags on way too long. :nicki2:

The original has cowbell and cowbell alone makes the song better. :raven: 

This isn’t elite taste quality, Chile :nicki2:

We already know that remix adds so much personality and fire to the song, or else we been knew Drive me crazy would sound like a filler on the album :queenflopga: But the cowbell is iconic tho :raven:

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

Technically dubbed Justify my love (The Beast within Remix( but many fans and critics consider this technically not a Remix, but a whole new song. 

Madonna reading from the book of revelations. Caused controversy as she was dubbed as anti Semite by Jewish people. Ironically she opened the Re invention tour with this remix,bit took out several portions dubbed explicit. 

I can't wait to stream it, when she uploads it for it's 30th anniversary this year. 

Well, Before Ray of light, William Orbit remixed Justify my love and Erotica.

justify my love added Explicit lyrics,

Particularly the line

Funk me, you can funk with me. 

William Orbit also remixed Erotica, but the remix used the book version of Erotica's lyrics. 

With lyrics like 

We can use the cage, I got a lot of rope. I'm not full of rage, I'm full of hope. Light the candles til they're nice and soft, when they start to drop, I'm gonna get you off. Bend over baby, I'm gonna make you smile. 

This makes the commercially released version of Erotica G rated, as she describes the acts of BDSM in a more explicit Nature. 

These remixes which Madonna herself was a fan of, actually had a hand in picking William Orbit to produce the groundbreaking Album Ray of Light, which he also did Remixes to Frozen and Ray of light on their commercial singles as well. 

Willam orbit's remix of Frozen is just as epic as the original but with the meltdown remix. He makes the somber icy track very upbeat, but definitely keeps it icy and still very ethereal and strange as the original production. 

@Blackout2006check out these William orbit remixes, some were done pre ray of light. Leading into the one of the great albums. 

Before the Grammy winning award song for best song written for visual media happened. Madonna and William orbit in the liquid mix of ray of light tackled the 60s vibes of 1999's Beautiful Stranger, 2000's Amazing with this epic remix. Listen for the ending. Madonna rarely performs this song as the ending proved it's her voice and it's one of the few times she's able to go beyond her range, Ray of light is rarely performed. Even Natasha bedingfield was looking at the sheet music and basically said hats off to madonna. Reading the key shifts and such. It's such a difficult song to sing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block