Yas Gaga, yas ratings! VMAs draws 6.4 million viewers

Jordan Miller

• Leader

6.4 million people tuned in to watch the VMAs Sunday night.

The show was broadcast live on MTV and the 12 other ViacomCBS brands. This year's show saw only a 5% dip in overall viewership compared to 2019.

According to a new report from Variety, the show generated 41.1 million impressions on social media. It was the second-most socialed event of the year (just 7% behind the Super Bowl).

There's a lot of figures floating around regarding last year's ratings. Some sites report last year's VMAs had 4.9 million. Which would mean this year's smashed last year's. 

This year's show felt miles better than last year's. Super here for this virtual format. 

Thoughts, Exhale? :firega:

Related:

gaga-ratings.jpg.c9f9e982d8aa9eb862a9f03b153cc231.jpg

• Love 6
  • Content Curators

I tuned in because of Miley, I was excited to see her performance but I was just underwhelmed honestly.

I just can't get myself to get excited over Gaga anymore. 

I'm still watching next years hopefully they bring out someone who's inspired by Britney and can give us something memorable.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

2 hours ago, Mexwero said:

Oh please...I love Gaga, but it’s obvious ratings are up because we’re all stuck at home now. Heidi Montag could have been the main artist performing and ratings would have still been up! Lmao 

They’re not even up. It’s a 5% dip despite the whole world being stuck at home.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Britman512 said:

The cgi was over done in my opinion... everything felt fake, didn’t have a vma feel. Felt like watching a bad video gam

Yes THIS! It felt super weird and not live at all. Whats the point of "live" performances if they aren't? Everything felt pre-recorded, because it was. No one was there, there was no fans.. super weird show.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block