Britney Spears' "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" vinyl is coming

56 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

So serious/stupid question - what is the appeal of vinyl? I see everyone get so excited whenever she releases one of her albums on vinyl but like, do y'all actually have vinyl players or is it more of a collector's item? Or is it something you can play on another format? 

Sorry for my lack of knowledge when it comes to this! :ehidk:

they do sell modern vinyl players, but I think it's mostly the collection value. :yaknow:

They usually come in limited quantities, so that makes them rare, plus aesthetically speaking, they're bigger than the standard physical CD, so it's like a mini-poster of your favorite album.

For example, I think Glory vinyl was released when the album came out, in bigger quantities, so that is not so valuable, but her older albums had never been released on vinyl before, that's why they're so special. It's like the new BOMT and OIDIA cassettes they've released as well.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah but the originals will still be the originals. The rereleases are clear with some splatter. Not the same as the first ones released 

All the swirl patterns pretty much look the same. The only one I’m concerned about color wise is the Gold Femme Fatale. 

7 hours ago, britneyluv said:

So serious/stupid question - what is the appeal of vinyl? I see everyone get so excited whenever she releases one of her albums on vinyl but like, do y'all actually have vinyl players or is it more of a collector's item? Or is it something you can play on another format? 

Vinyl are made to be listened. I own a turntable and vinyl CAN sound better than other formats. It really depends on the particular pressing. But the main appeals are the huge artwork, the seanse as you put your record on and watch it spinning. It’s just fun!

For example when I gather with friends they always start skipping tracks if youtube or spotify is running in the background but if a vinyl is spinning the don’t dare to touch it. It’s sacred. :snapney:

And my personal wish would be B In The Mix on vinyl for next. Pleeeease! The best remix album ever.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, britneyluv said:

I have never owned one too but I think its because of the huge album covers and photoshoot we get to witness :makeitrain: I mean, imagine getting to see Glory 2020 cover in UHD :gloriascary:

also the vinyls look really cool and beautiful imo :yaknow:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, csarsalcdo said:

I have two questions, since it would be first time buying vinyl:

1) Is it worthy? Quality wise, specially sound?

2) UO is the only one releasing it? I think 40 dlls is a bit high.

Pls let me know thanks! :)

1) The thing about records is that the sound is only really better on vinyl if the music was made back in that era. When you take newer music, which is digital, and press it onto vinyl, it doesn't have the same effect. It will sound grainy which a lot of people like that "record sound" but it will not sound "better" than digital or a CD pressing. Also, with pop music on vinyl, you don't get the bass at all so it's just a different experience. It's def more for the novelty.

2) Yes, it's a UO exclusive. 

• Like 1