mediocre ...

britneysabs

i feel like this is probs quite a common scenario but i hate where im at in life. i despise it. i feel so so mediocre. 

but its ridiculous. i lit turned 22 last week and feel like a failure bc i havent found my feet yet .. ? writing it down like that makes me realise how ****** up that sounds. 22 is objectively nothing ... 

idk, i just wanna learn to live in the moment and live for today i guess rather than being so goal-orientated ALL the time, constantly looking for the end product right off the bat.

if anyone has any tips for grounding yourself in the present that'd be neat!  

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to hear that you hate where you're at in life :(

First of all you are not mediocre, no one is mediocre everyone is unique in their own way. You said you're 22 that's so young! You still have time to make your life great and something you're proud of.

It may be helpful when you're thinking too much about the future to try and breathe and remind yourself to come back to the present and think of things you can do right now to make yourself happy rather than focusing so much on achieving future goals.

Idk if you do this but it may also be helpful to try not to compare where you're at in life to others, I find once you stop comparing and accept that everyone has their own path, life becomes a lot easier.

You could also try some new hobbies so that you are doing something you enjoy in life outside of trying to achieve your goals.

Just now, Iconic 4 U said:

I'm sorry to hear that you hate where you're at in life :(

First of all you are not mediocre, no one is mediocre everyone is unique in their own way. You said you're 22 that's so young! You still have time to make your life great and something you're proud of.

It may be helpful when you're thinking too much about the future to try and breathe and remind yourself to come back to the present and think of things you can do right now to make yourself happy rather than focusing so much on achieving future goals.

Idk if you do this but it may also be helpful to try not to compare where you're at in life to others, I find once you stop comparing and accept that everyone has their own path, life becomes a lot easier.

You could also try some new hobbies so that you are doing something you enjoy in life outside of trying to achieve your goals.

@britneysabs :well:

Personally, I think setting goals is important but it's also okay not to have this grand ambition.

I think it's fine to wander sometimes in life finding interesting and memorable things until its time for our souls to go to the afterlife.

Our lives doesn't always have to one grand epiphany with some flash of great meaning and great insight when most people experience these in much smaller ways in life. :)

Some people work too much to become the next Britney Spears or Steve Jobs or they exhaust themselves hoping for that big shot that would make them successful that they often miss out on all the good small stuff in life. It's always the small stuff that makes us happy and fufilled and we often overlook it because we're so occupied with pressure, ambition, anxiety, and expectations.

I'm 23 and I feel you. We're still young and we're our I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman phase.

This adulting transition took a toll on me last year and it's one of the worst feeling ever. It had me overthinking about what's next in my life, will I prosper or will I be a failure?

I think we should take things slowly. It's normal for people at our age to have existential/mid-life crisis.  Breathe, hun! We'll get there! We're still in our 20s so we have lots of time to figure thing out.

Here's a big, warm, and tight hug from me. :hugs:

Archived