This Day in Pop: Britney releases Gimme More single in 2007 (August 31)

It's been 14 years since critically acclaimed Blackout album has been released, considered one of the best albums of the decade by Rolling stones, Billboard etc here are some facts for the 'Bible of Pop' :

• Gimme More sold more than 5M copies WW
  • Blackout is now 2x plat in the US 
  • Blackout WW approximately have sold more than 6M copies 
  • Song was No. 1 in Canada
  • Top 5 in 18 countries 
  • Certified Platinum in US, Denmark and Canada and now eligible for 3x plat in the US
  • Over 500M streams including YouTube + Spotify 
  • It charted at No. 3 on Billboard 
  • Blackout is inducted in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 
  • Song was considered one of the best songs of the 2007 by multiple publications. 
  • Britney being not in a good place that time, Blackout is considered her best work by multiple critics to till this day. 
  • It gave birth to 'It's Britney *****' and considered one of the most iconic lines in the pop history. 

An interesting article regarding the album

• Love 6
  • Like 1

I was always a fan of Britney, but THIS SONG is what made me STANNNNNNN! I remember being so slayed and replaying it non-stop until the album was released.  And lets not forget that at the time, this was her BIGGEST HIT since BOMT on billboard.  A moment.

Still hoping she re-records the video one day though.

• Love 1

The day the pop world forever changed! This song is ICONIC!!! Pure pop perfection.

I remember hearing it the first time and I didn't know how I felt about it cause it was such a shift in sound and mood for Britney. Then I played it a few more times and was HOOKED! Still am hooked to this day. Never gets old, still sounds fresh, still has an infectious beat and still makes me (and everyone, Britney Stan or not) dance and cheer!

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7cl4tooeufveyudgtdr8x

• Love 4