Christina's 2020 rendition of "Reflection" gave me chills and made me teary eyed.

BONO Productions

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PREACH! I think they did a wonderful job with choosing Christina and not some other pop singer (i.e., when they had Ariana remake Celine's version of "Beauty and the Beast). The dramatic drums just put it together. Plus, I think the fact that Christina sang this song as a 17 year old, and the fact that the song basically lead to her getting a record deal, makes it more emotional that 20 years later she is singing it with a different perspective. :crying4:

PLUS,,,, VOCALS!! Her voice has naturally deepened and sounds much fuller. It made me emotional to hear a song I remember from when I was little remade by the same singer and I am now listening with such a different view on life. Lowkey makes me teary eyed.

Anyways, I would kill to hear this version live. Let her sing this at the Oscars!! :howdareyou:

1 hour ago, emailmyheart1999 said:

PREACH! I think they did a wonderful job with choosing Christina and not some other pop singer (i.e., when they had Ariana remake Celine's version of "Beauty and the Beast). The dramatic drums just put it together. Plus, I think the fact that Christina sang this song as a 17 year old, and the fact that the song basically lead to her getting a record deal, makes it more emotional that 20 years later she is singing it with a different perspective. :crying4:

PLUS,,,, VOCALS!! Her voice has naturally deepened and sounds much fuller. It made me emotional to hear a song I remember from when I was little remade by the same singer and I am now listening with such a different view on life. Lowkey makes me teary eyed.

Anyways, I would kill to hear this version live. Let her sing this at the Oscars!! :howdareyou:

Actually she pretty much sang this version for her The Xperience show in Vegas! I love this new recording and I’m glad they went with the original singer for the song. Not like Beauty & The Beast :ohwut:

Archived