Tinashe comes out as bisexual

• Leader

Tinashe, server of bops, underrated talented queen, has come out as bisexual. 

“It’s not that I don’t like putting a label on it,” she tells Gay Times, “but when you say you’re bisexual, a lot of people think… they just have a lack of understanding about what it is. And I tend to shy away from terms – I guess this is the theme of my life! – that make people want to categorise me or put me in a box.

“I don’t like that ****. But – but – I can still give you a general sense of yeah, I’m bisexual. I’m somewhere on the spectrum. You know?”

Tinashe also discusses the misconceptions and stereotypes around bisexuality and how there’s “such a variety of flavours and colours”.

“It’s not like all bisexual people like men and women equally – or like all bisexual people are a certain type of person,” she says. “Human beings are so versatile. I don’t understand why we’re so obsessed with categorising each other.”

Welcome to the LGBTQ+ club queen. 

PS, she's got a new song out with JoJo. Stream it below :letitburn:

tinashe-bi.jpg.e2a502d183a5756d5936046bfc53a891.jpg

Related:

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Wait this is old news. What do you mean she came out? I’ve been knowing this for a long time. My sister and I would always say what a coincidence her and Hayley Kiyoko were in The Stunners together and they’re both part of the family :riri:

C-coulda sworn she'd come out before. 

• Like 1

Good for her. That means more potential suitors, which is always a plus. :straddle: Not to make this about myself, but I get what she's saying. Personally, I'm ******** attracted to both men and women, but romantically I'm only into guys. I have higher standards for women, and I don't see myself ever dating one, so I just say that I'm gay because it'd be too confusing for straight people. Plus, it's kind of a mouthful anyway... And it seems like quite a lot of LGBT people don't exactly appreciate the terms 'heteroflexible' or 'homoflexible' because they erase bisexuality in a way. :martini: And there's another variable... I'd be down to have fun with a trans person or date a trans man, which opens another can of worms (the whole pansexual vs. bisexual debate). That's why I think it's much easier to just say you're gay / straight. :heresthetea:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sealed_With_A_Chris said:

Am I the only one that gets annoyed at this.....everytime an artist needs attention they come out as Bisexual and its always when they have new music. Then you never see them date the other ***. 

Nicki, Gaga, Stupid Aaron Carter....it really makes me annoyed.  

hmmm yeah i definitely don't want to invalidate anyone's sexuality but there are so many female artists that say they're bi or that they don't want to put a label on it, but then you neverr see any of them  ever dating a woman.

hate to say it but it definitely kinda seems just a little sus. like at this point it seems like there's more bi girl pop stars than straight ones, and statistically that makes no sense

• Love 1
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, ShatteredAss98 said:

Seriously guys, she's an independent artist and I'm pretty certain she's not bothered about publicity- her heart and soul is genuine. She's not the type to use the bi card in such a callous way.

I'm happy for her. 

Also, I really don't think coming out these days is a career booster anyway. And those kinds of comments really don't help all the negative stereotypes about bisexual people either. :typing:

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Arthurfleck said:

I believe her! Pink, on the other hand, in a COMPLETE **** but says she’s bi.

Comments like these are why people hate being associated with the lgbt community 

I remember back in 2017 I started telling people and I mentioned it on a thread on exhale and the worst backlash I got from being bi was from lgbt people themselves 

what a joke 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block