Recently I've been watching Britney's videography and got some new thoughts about Hold It Against Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Edv8Onsrgg

The white dress and tv screens represent her personal and professional life respectively. Then, we can see her fall when she destroys everything and a comeback. During the last chorus she's on stage doing her thing which can be seen as a comeback as an artist and a performer. But at the same time she's wearing black leather outfit. Does that mean that her personal life was dead at the time? :wontcry:

All this drama about conservatorship ans stuff got me really sad lately:crying1: I've always loved HIAM video and its massege but now I feel we've missed some clues she's been trying to show us for all of this time. What do you guys think? I could be reaching because I was also a little drunk watching all of these videos :pieceofwhat:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

I doubt that Britney or the director or anyone else specifically requested a black leather dress to signify her personal life, but I agree with you that it fits. 

Back in 2011 (when I was 13 :orangu:), I remember reading on Vigilant Citizen (which, despite all of its conspiracies might be accurate on this one), that the comeback with her in a black leather dress signified the classic "good girl gone bad" imagery. She was innocent in the white dress, faced her breakdown and battles, and then came back as a bad girl. Isn't exactly true in the context of her actual life, but again, it could fit the video concept.

• Love 3

#FreeBritney