Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

Work, she's favourite indie artist now <3

No but all jokes aside, we know that chart success and big numbers mean nothing. She has quite a big legacy and she has cemented her spot in the pop history books already, and it sucks that she's not doing that well anymore but no one can take that away from her. She has a loyal following who will always support her so I'd say she has nothing to worry about. Let's just be happy that she keeps releasing fun, colorful music and representing all the clowns in the world :katyclown:

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Silhouette said:

She has a loyal following who will always support her

A "loyal following" who barely stream or buy her music despite all her promo attempts in the past 2 months, recent album discounts, and exclusive fan editions of said album? Seriously how do you justify only around 50,000 fans caring about her album? I mean for comparison's sake even Xtina's Liberation sold more first week, and look at the state of that.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

A "loyal following" who barely stream or buy her music despite all her promo attempts in the past 2 months, recent album discounts, and exclusive fan editions of said album? Seriously how do you justify only around 50,000 fans caring about her album? I mean for comparison's sake even Xtina's Liberation sold more first week, and look at the state of that.

Well, for me a loyal fan is someone who simply enjoys their fave's craft and supports them in a positive way, not someone who's obsessed with constantly streaming their album through various devices to boost their sales as many people do, so maybe just because the numbers aren't that impressive doesn't mean that she doesn't have a solid fanbase

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

i follow beyonce since 2003 and i never buyed a copy of her album until 1 or 2 years after the release with discount price :idkney:

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, JustLuvMe07 said:

I don't think she gets the #1 because of Taylor.

Folklore is #1 with 98,000 K.

She will get her sixth week at #1 and break Whitney Houston's record for the female artist with the most weeks at #1 on the Billboard 200. 

Taylor might have the #1 year end charting Album and Grammys sweep. 

This is a Grammys album. 

@Jordan Miller book mark this folklore will be her third album of the year win. 

• Love 2

Oof. 50k? That’s rough. It’s funny ppl said Glory was a flop.... I guess Katy has never really been a huge album artist. I mean her peak time to have her biggest debut would have probably been Prism and I think that’s her biggest debut if I remember correctly (I stanned during TD, but Prism changed that real quick). From what I remember she did like 250 or 280k or something like that? I mean she’s never really had numbers like Taylor, Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, or Britney at their respective peaks. I’m a little shocked she’s gonna do less than Xtina’s liberation. I feel like Katy is the 2010s version of Xtina, huge for a few years, then basically forgotten. I mean Xtina is always remembered for her voice. I guess Katy will just be remembered for having catchy songs and kitschy videos. 

35 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

220px-Dua_Lipa_-_Future_Nostalgia_(Offic Dua-Lipa-Future-Nostalgia-1576245945-compressed.jpg e9b87a97a78323ac443040db059175b1.jpg dua-lipa-variety-facetime-interview.jpg

dualipa-1024x576.png dua%20lipa%20new%20song%20future%20nostalgia.jpg ddcb35d51c7a031cafe20b4b9fbcc435a2c858b8.jpgDua-Lipa-Future-Nostalgia-press-photos-copy-scaled.jpg

jHNoxqT.jpg

VrFjxit.jpg

Taylor can come pick her Best Alternative Album award tho :byetina:

Club future nostalgia definitely has best dance electronic album.

But I doubt Dua will get Album of the year. The recording academy always goes to their usual favs. Grammys will be Taylor's night. 

No, the original future nostalgia will not get any dance nominations. 

They changed it to a dj category only. Which is smart of Dua to do the club version as well. 

@Jordan Miller not many people know that the last pop song to win Best dance recording was only girl (in the world) by Rihanna. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block