Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

This is so sad :( 

It’s sad and horrible to see one of the stars who dominated a part of my childhood sell only 15k copies in their first week. :crying1: Imagining going from 286k copies to just 15k :kidcries: 

15k is just the streaming units, it's doing 50-60k overall, but still bad because she did website pre-order.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Blackout2006

@Jordan Miller

Capitol and Katy are being dragged by social media. Album hasn't been out for 72 hours and they're being labeled desperate for sales for marking the album 40% off the regular price. You know it's a disaster when they are already discounting an album that was just released. new york gif art GIF by POP AESTHETE

It's not that uncommon. A lot of A-listers used discount to boost their first week sales. Some were even sold at $0.99 until Billboard banned it.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Blackout2006

@Jordan Miller

Capitol and Katy are being dragged by social media. Album hasn't been out for 72 hours and they're being labeled desperate for sales for marking the album 40% off the regular price. You know it's a disaster when they are already discounting an album that was just released. new york gif art GIF by POP AESTHETE

But it was totally fine when Gaga discounted Born this way 0.99 cents on Amazon, right? OH and Taylor (The QUEEN of such promoting tactics) was TOTALLY not desperate when she told her fans if they buy 13 copies of reputation, they would get a VIP gold ticket for the reputation tour, right? :queenflopga: Seems that Katy is the only one desperate, needy and greedy for sales, huh? Sure Felicia :byetina:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

That’s even lower than Xtina’s last album I- :gloriascary:

Im not here for this Xtina shade :byetina: Xtina is an icon still remembered for her voice and her classics till this day. Liberation is a good album. Katy is a clown without any talent and iconic moments who makes crappy music :katycream: 

On 8/29/2020 at 2:45 AM, MyLittlePopstar said:

I haven’t listened to the album yet, I probably won’t for a while, if ever. My guess would be 75k? 100k if she’s lucky, but possibly less? I really don’t feel like ppl even know she has an album coming out. It’s sorta crazy to think back to 2013 when there was sorta competition between Katy and Gaga, chromatica did 274k and I don’t think Katy has any chance of being anywhere near that. And thinking about Taylor and Katy beefing is kinda funny now too.  I actually like daisies, but everything about this era for her just seems completely generic. 

I remember the 2013 rivalry and how Kuntyfans were laughing bc Roar was #1 and Applause wasnt. They also laughed at Artpop being called a flop. Now look how things have been for Gaga and Katy since 2015. Gaga began having her second peak with her 2015 Oscar performance, acting jobs. Katy had Rice that no one cared about. Then in 2017 Katy began really flopping and became a joke to gp. In 2018 Gaga was the lead actress in a acclaimed and box office hit movie. She was nominated for two Oscars, won one, won another golden globe, won one more grammy (Katy still doesnt have any to this day), and since 2019 she had 2 #1 hits. Chromatica did well. 

Same with Taylor when Katys fans thought her song shading Katy would do as well as Bad Blood and we all know how that turned out. 

One thing they didnt see coming is botb Gaga and Taylor were always way more respected by critics/gp than Katy. Well, I think the same thing. I think both Gaga and Taylor are talented and more creative. Katy was catchy when she could write with Dr Luke, Ill give her that even tho I was never into her hits. 

But fans dont learn, they like these silly stan wars for no reason. They act as if their faves cant flop bc they havent yet. Its like Beyonces fans that liked to mock Britney for flopping in the last few years when people started saying Britney sold more or outpeaked Beyoncé overall, and now they act as if her album with Jayz never existed. Same thing happend when they were jealous of Gagas success saying as it was a fact her lion king soundtracks would do as good, she would win a golden globe, oscar and much more. The song flopped, the soundtracks flopped and even the movie she did flopped. But they still keep pretending shes at her peak like Ariana, Billie or even Taylor. 

39 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Im not here for this Xtina shade :byetina: Xtina is an icon still remembered for her voice and her classics till this day. Liberation is a good album. Katy is a clown without any talent and iconic moments who makes crappy music :katycream: 

That's just downright disingenuous. She has plenty of iconic moments that have gone down in pop music history, and her achievements are nothing to scoff at. And saying she has no talent is just stupid. :huh:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

That's just downright disingenuous. She has plenty of iconic moments that have gone down in pop music history, and her achievements are nothing to scoff at. And saying she has no talent is just stupid. :huh:

Which iconic moments? Seriously asking. Her wigs? The shark at her superbowl show? Bc I dont like Beyoncé or Jlo but I can say they have a few iconic moments I know even tho I dont follow their careers, but Katy? I like Taylor and I dont think shes iconic for example. And I never said Katy wasnt successful, I know she was huge for some years. But yeah, I dont see talent in Katy Perry, sorry. I dont think she can sing, I dont think she is a good performer either. Imo she had a few catchy songs with Dr Luke back then, but thats it. 

I only see two paths for her to follow...

1. She stops producing new music and becomes a mom full time while letting daddy Bloom to pay for rent and doing some "mini residences" at any of the Las Vegas hotels.  :katyclown::katyclown:

2. She finally dying her hair black again, wearing that candy bra and probably working with doctor luke :neydedance:. Plus a fake documentary with her saying something like   "I missed being Katy Perry, it was time for her to come back"  or some bullsh!t like that :didilie:.

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Bundy said:

. She was nominated for two Oscars, won one, won another golden globe, won one more grammy (Katy still doesnt have any to this day), and since 2019 she had 2 #1 hits. Chromatica did well. 

Gaga won 6 grammys since ARTPOP - one for Cheek to Cheek, one for Joanne piano version, 2 for Shallow, 1 for A star is born and 1 for I'll never love again.:cheersney:

9 minutes ago, Живак said:

Gaga won 6 grammys since ARTPOP - one for Cheek to Cheek, one for Joanne piano version, 2 for Shallow, 1 for A star is born and 1 for I'll never love again.:cheersney:

I didnt know she won 4 grammys for ASIB alone :umomg:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block