Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

Update 3:

Katys smile has already let up dropping to #54 selling only a few thousand copies

Update 2:

Seems that Smile wont be having good second-week sales after all :( As we all know, Second weeks for an artist are crucial for a artist as it’s the final verdict of the album being a hit or miss. However it seems this time, it’s going harder than just a “Miss” :crying4: SMILE is predicted to drop out of the top 20 in its second week, selling only 5.3k sales, in which only 813 sales are truly album sales. This is bad news for Katy.

Will she be able to tackle this?

Update:

Katy Perry's new album Smile debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200 with 50K (35K in pure sales).

It's worth mentioning that because of the other previously released song, like "Never Really Over," "Harleys In Hawaii" and a handful more, the album has a total of 400 million streams. 

Thoughts?

Earlier:

It has been 3-4 years ever since Katy Perry dropped her disastrous era "Witness". Witness, the album failed to hit commercial and critical success, becoming one of the lowest-selling albums of 2017 and halted Katy Perry's consistent reign in the pop music landscape, she held for 7 years, becoming her first album not to have a No.1 single despite the eras only big hit, Chained to the rhythm , peaking at No.4. This era marked Katys decline in the pop landscape but Katy has given up, releasing her highly anticipated and awaited 5th studio album, SMILE.

The album had quite a messy roll-out, however thankfully there weren't any major leaks that impacts the albums coming performance. This time here are the circumstances for how the album will sell this week:

• Katys long-gone super power and status- has been doubted by the GP and critics, wondering if she could still make another hit record and reclaim her status.
  • Qurantine and COVID-19- Many people (especially in the US) are fearing of going outside amidst the rising amount of cases of corona every day, so less people would be going to the stores to buy the new album
  • Katy Perry is now 36 years old- Not meant to be ****** remark, but when a woman in the industry reaches her 30+ era, the industry becomes very discriminating and ****** towards such women. For example- Britney released BJ when she was 32 years, Gaga released Joanne when she was 30 years old, and all of these albums underperformed. So, would there be a decrease in sales?

So compared to our previous threads this time, you will have to judge the album under two categories.

I. If the album manages to become a commercial success and the comeback Katy Perry needed, how much would the album be projected to sell?

II. If the album DOESNT manage to revive her career and give her the comeback she needs, How much would the album still sell?

Well from my judging:

If the album manages to become a commercial hit, it will sell around 250k-350k units with a No.1 debut in its first week. In the UK i think she will sell around 35k units. Internationally i would feel, it would sell 550-670k sales globally.

However if the album doesnt manage to become a commercial hit, then i predict it to sell 120k-145k. with a No.1 debut since shes freaking...Katy Perry. Internationally the album will manage to sell 200k-400k globally. In the UK i think she will sell around 35k units.

What do you think? Let me know :sendinglove:

P0602508901041_1.png

Related:

predict.jpg.4a21767c9b2f57c340e21117d89003c6.jpg

• Leader

Love the time and attention that went into creating this @Blackout2006 :katycry:

I'm a bit worried about her album sales. The irony is that this album is about letting go of that hold of needing chart achievement and success. I'm thinking 50-100K in its first week? Hopefully more!

Elton John says songs that are made for the charts are rubbish so I'll just roll with that :jj:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

I think her opening week will be around 150k to 200k plus... she’s not dumb there’s a reason she included the Stand alone singles on the album, Especially NRO. since we are in a streaming era its easier to include those songs to help with the overall sales. Katy-Perry-Never-Really-Over.gif?quality

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block