This Day in Pop: Britney performs with Madonna, Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliott at the VMA's 2003 (August 28)

11 hours ago, Prachi said:

The way Christina was pressed for not getting the acknowledgment, she was like "I kissed Madge too" :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: 

I mean even the way they showed Tiffany Pollard after Christina revealed herself 💀 I love that Britney won but at the cost of another woman? Just so they could show Justin Timberlake reacting? Of course it had to be Justin, like he hasn’t F***d over enough women. It was so unnecessary. 

Though I do laugh every time I see that Tiffany Pollard reaction lmao

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

I mean even the way they showed Tiffany Pollard after Christina revealed herself 💀 I love that Britney won but at the cost of another woman? Just so they could show Justin Timberlake reacting? Of course it had to be Justin, like he hasn’t ****d over enough women. It was so unnecessary. 

tbh Christina was gonna have a moment on her own during her other performance that night. Too bad Britney's kiss also overshadowed that, not to mention Beyoncé's performance :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Vote at Exhale's Top 20 Week 1 here

What an ICONIC performance!

It was her last iconic performance at the VMAs (2007 is more infamous)

Its just funny seeing how mad and bitter Christina was that her kiss got overshadowed by JT.

She was basically blaming Britney for it when in fact, it was MTV who was at fault.

She just came off as a major bich in interviews after this

On 8/29/2020 at 8:43 PM, pop analyst said:

oh! i sure remember this one tooo vividly! the night before i went to a concert by one of my favourite modern composers. The next day.. when i saw some of the dailies, this was everywhere! i had a very distant memory from when Madonna did this for the first time (kiss). I found out it was during the GS with one of her female dancers so to my book, this was a well structured controversy to get her out from the commercial flop that AL was and make her again relevant to young people and to the GP. Because  it was very calculating thus shocking to me because i could see throught this. Back then, pop culture still had good moments and products that gave teas to everybody! not anymore (in my opinion)

* alternative footage from a different angle

* Madonna at TRL, '03

at 2 : 12 ; a minor hit at Britney?

That's the first time I'd seen that alternative angel footage.  Thank you!

Anyone got any more alternative angels from other TV performances?

On 8/28/2021 at 9:30 PM, Goten21 said:

I mean even the way they showed Tiffany Pollard after Christina revealed herself 💀 I love that Britney won but at the cost of another woman? Just so they could show Justin Timberlake reacting? Of course it had to be Justin, like he hasn’t ****d over enough women. It was so unnecessary. 

Wait isn’t it mary j blige, not TP?

• Like 1

Christina is lucky. 

Extremely lucky..

It was supposed to be P!NK, but she was on vacation, but pink being the only act at that time to remind the critics and the industry of Madonna whether her in your face comments on politicians and her views on females and being ****.

Xtina was lucky. 

Cos pink being a huge icon to the lesbian community would have made it both demographics crossed 

Straight Madonna and Britney 

Lesbians Madonna and P!Nk.