Billboard names the 100 greatest music video artists of all time

Billboard released a list of their Top 100 Music Video Artist in celebration of the VMAs. They based their list on the artists' contributions to music video in general: popularity, impact, creativity, etc.

It's been nearly four decades since our best and brightest stars first made the jump from our stereos to our televisions, changing the course of popular music in the process. In the course of that time, music videos have come to define what we love and remember about our favorite artists as much as anything short of the music itself -- creating icons, reinventing careers, sparking imaginations and inspiring untold millions of Halloween costumes worldwide.

On the verge of this Sunday's (Aug. 30) MTV Video Music Awards -- the one time a year where we're still guaranteed to celebrate one of media's most influential-but-under-recognized artforms -- Billboard wanted to take a look back at the artists who have given the most to the music video, whether through heavy rotation on MTV, millions of views on YouTube, or other mediums that predate both. Here is our list of the 100 artists who have made the music video eternal, with a YouTube playlist of videos from all the artists available at the end.

Here's the full article. Our Queen Britney is sixth among women.

Rihanna just missed out the top 10 at #11. Newer artists such as Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa also made the list as well as K-pop acts such as BTS and Red Velvet. But music video veterans like Whitney Houston, Backstreet Boys, Linkin Park, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue were not. :selenerz:

I'm also upset about the exclusion of Lana Del Rey. :selenerz:

1. Madonna
2. Michael Jackson
3. Beyoncé / Destiny's Child
4. Janet Jackson
5. Missy Elliott
6. Lady Gaga
7. Duran Duran
8. Britney Spears
9. Jay-z
10. Nirvana
11. Rihanna
17. Tlc
27. Björk
29. Taylor Swift
30. Shakira
32. Annie Lennox / Eurythmics
33. Miley Cyrus
37. Girls' Generation
40. M.i.a.
42. Shania Twain
43. Rosalía
46. Billie Eilish
51. Gwen Stefani / No Doubt
52. Red Velvet
54. Dua Lipa
56. Aaliyah
58. Nicki Minaj
61. Tina Turner
63. Ariana Grande
67. Kate Bush
70. Sia
73. Mariah Carey
75. Cyndi Lauper
77. Janelle Mónae
78. Katy Perry
80. Spice Girls
92. Cardi B
96. Paula Abdul
98. Tierra Whackartists-mv.jpg.97937e88dc1599427dc0acba392688cb.jpg

• Love 1

I'd have ranked Britney above Gaga and Beyonce just under Gaga. Simply because Britney set the bar for music videos. Gaga is amazing. And though Beyonce makes AMAZING videos NOW so I would keep her in top 10! I would rank her lower cause, let's be real, her early video production and Destiny's Child video production were abysmal (Lose My Breath being an exception)! Also, Missy would have been number 3 cause BIIIIITCH!

• Love 4