Can Britney make a FULL HIT album?

Eda

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2020? No. Not because I don't think Britney isn't capable of doing it but nowadays albums only have 4 singles max, for example Taylor's Lover: first 3 singles were hits, 4th single which was released after the album didn't enter the top 20, radio doesn't really support singles released after the album

What are you talking about? 

Did you hear Blackout or In the Zone? 

In the Zone is 1000 times better than Teenage Dream :tifflmao:

Blackout is 10000000 times better than The Fame Monster 

The songs Firework, Teenage dream and last friday night sound exactly the same to me. :queenflopga:

You ask if Britney can have an album full of hits? - She already has 

I really don't want to drag you but you should get a hearing aid :pika:

gawdsake how many threads do we need on her new album which we have no idea right now if/when we'll get it

i dont think Britney will ever have a hit single again. But thats nothing to do with Britney. its just its 2020 and singles are practically irrelevant nowadays. i only know Cardi B is no1  right now somewhere because they were talking about it on Loose women. but even no1 singles mean nothing anymore. with regards to B10, it depends how well it does on streaming/downloads. But tbh i dont think even Britney will care if she ever has a hit again. in fact by looks of things, right  now she doesnt even want to make music for us to even worry how well it does

i do think we need to stop talking about B10 TBH. We've now discussed this to death and theres not even a glimmer of hope we'll get it even in 2021 

20 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

You ask if Britney can have an album full of hits? - She already has

She doesnt ( chart wise) I mean closest is FF (Her most radio frendly album ) and Circus.

I agree ITZ is better album than Teenage Dream but TD HAS 5 NO 1 HITS            

25 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

mainstream would consider to be "hits".

Thats what I am trying to say . A radio friendly and mainstream album. NOT filler.  Like hit- hit -hit 

I think britney needs this again if she wants to return to music.     

10 minutes ago, Eda said:

She doesnt ( chart wise) I mean closest is FF (Her most radio frendly album ) and Circus.

I agree ITZ is better album than Teenage Dream but TD HAS 5 NO 1 HITS            

Teenage Dream sold 6 mio copies and ITZ around 9 mio :jj:

It's easy to sell a generic single, but it takes a legend to have two diamond albums. 

BTW: ...baby one more time sold 30 Mio and oops sold 25 mio 

So basically Britney outsold Katy Perry's and Lady Gaga's albums with one album. :deserves:

5 minutes ago, BryanJames said:

Teenage Dream sold 6 mio copies and ITZ around 9 mio :jj:

It's easy to sell a generic single, but it takes a legend to have two diamond albums. 

BTW: ...baby one more time sold 30 Mio and oops sold 25 mio 

So basically Britney outsold Katy Perry's and Lady Gaga's albums with one album. :deserves:

I know BRITNEY outsold them in album sales by A LOT 

I am talking about singles ( BB100)

I think Britney should be more of a   single artist at this point because albums dont sell well anymore 

42 minutes ago, Eda said:

I know BRITNEY outsold them in album sales by A LOT 

I am talking about singles ( BB100)

I think Britney should be more of a   single artist at this point because albums dont sell well anymore 

I think we just have different opinions of what a hit album is.

If you want generic mediocre songs that chart well then go and listen to Teenage Dream.

I'd rather have a diversified collection of songs like Toxic that unfortunately only charted at #9. :carpoolney:

It's kind of ironic but, even though most of FF era was almost like a torture, for her, for us, actually I believe that album that the most potential singles. Like, they kinda broke the streak with Criminal, but this was the first single released under RCA and the video got flagged, so that didn't help. But I believe they could've kept releasing more singles in early 2012, like, they could've released Up 'n Down, Trip to Your Heart, Scary, Trouble for Me, Inside Out, they could've even tried with not so good songs like Big Fat Bass, How I Roll, (Drop Dead) Beautiful. I mean, there were even rumors that Gasoline was going to be released along with the promo of the perfumes, but nothing happened. 

Archived