Elton John says "chart music isn't real music"

On 8/27/2020 at 5:54 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I agree to a certain extent, but Elton sounds bitter he’s not charting anymore. If he were still charting he’d probably be singing a different tune :nicki2:

Yeah somebodys feeling sorry for himself trying to downgrade the succes of others as that is making his records and stats and whatever look not so singular and extraordinarily impactful. Still cant compare 70’s and 90’s to 2006 and onwards imo. Bitter old man still tho 👴🏻

elton john husband GIF
He should feel grateful and relax in his own creative professionalism now that his lion 🦁 king 👑 contributions was not out staged by Beyoncé. Girl did not snatch any points but low scores with that score :slayde:.

But seriously if Cardi is A game rn then success is truly a relative phenomenon :jeanluc:.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Arcticlover said:

Sorry but Taylor has been consistent the whole time. Yes 1989 was phenomenal but so were all her albums. With or without Max. Shes a chart topper and you cant take that away from her even if you dislike her. 

She literally had to sell out and leave country to actually top the charts.

Max Martin is responsible for more #1's than any producer in the game. She knew what she was doing because the fact is she would have never made it there without him. Twist it how you'd like but that's the fact.

Now that they used up the Payola on the album and lead single, we'll see if Taylor has another chart topper from Folklore...

• Like 1

hm to a certain extent i agree. its just about trends/fads n whats popular at the time. plenty of people thought music in the 70s was shocking bc it wasnt the old school love songs they grew up on. no one forces u to listen to chart music and it isnt really a GREAT indicator of whats selling best as we know the sales can be manipulated (*cough* Billboard *cough*). but music is supposed to be FUN (or just emotive in general), it doesnt need to be pretentious or deep or meaningful. i see both sides 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Arcticlover said:

Sorry but Taylor has been consistent the whole time. Yes 1989 was phenomenal but so were all her albums. With or without Max. Shes a chart topper and you cant take that away from her even if you dislike her. 

No hate to Taylor, but which era do we normally associate the megastardom she is known for with? the 1989 era. And who wrote it? Max Martin.

If it were never him, Taylor would have fame and stardom similar to Ariana Grande in her My everything and dangerous woman era

• Like 1
Just now, Yuh4 said:

Exactly! I love Elton, he’s enormously talented, but sometimes the stuff he says is just unnecessary 

I respect Elton John as an influential artist, but the boomer really comes out of him when he opens his mouth. He needs to take a chill pill and accept that music every decade evolves, and wont be the same thing he was singing in his Hey-day. I mean he should already be grateful enough he was huge for 2 and a half decades (70s- Early 90s), so let other stars shine.

Some people see music as an escapism tool, not something to learn politics and deep life meanings from, so why is he getting so annoying about it? :chershade:

I disagree with him, but I do have to respect him as an artist for all he achieved with his music. He was big in 3 decades and even had hits in the early 00s which isn't easy to do. His current vocals are TERRIBLE THO:

Diction music definition: Diction can be simply defined as the pronunciation or enunciation of your vocal expression. In regards to singing, it is the clarity or particular way words are pronounced in a song

On 8/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, PickleSpears said:

He's been a nasty bitter old queen for years and everyone knows it haha. He's been jealous of Madonna's success for decades. He's jealous he's not as big as the people who are actually having success. He can stay mad, he hasn't been relative in prob 25 years.

I'm not like a dingus who takes pride in curating obscene pop culture opinions but you're really misinformed and angry about something that will never have anything to do with you and 

Also ur so wrong n silly 

Elton is the penicle of super star and barrier breaking legend regardless of being a bitter *****. Madonnas a bitter ***** is she jealous of Elton or what's ur logic 

Man who's knighted and sold 315 million + records is bitter of others success ok

Before u start in, I love madonna, dont listen to elton, and dont care abt ur reply 2 this 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SupTJ said:

I'm not like a dingus who takes pride in curating obscene pop culture opinions but you're really misinformed and angry about something that will never have anything to do with you and 

Also ur so wrong n silly 

Elton is the penicle of super star and barrier breaking legend regardless of being a bitter *****. Madonnas a bitter ***** is she jealous of Elton or what's ur logic 

Man who's knighted and sold 315 million + records is bitter of others success ok

Before u start in, I love madonna, dont listen to elton, and dont care abt ur reply 2 this 

you're the mad one sweetie. you and elton :didilie: luckily, i don't care about what you have to say either

On 8/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, Jordan Miller said:

elton.jpg.efef31220831b74e3c562d76b75ad1db.jpg

Music icon Elton John declares "chart music isn't real music," and I'm having trouble seeing the lies. :tiffcackle:

“I like people who write songs. And there’s plenty of people that do but a lot of them don’t get played on the radio because they’re too sophisticated and we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that,” he tells Rolling Stone

John also showed some love for an up-and-comer.

“There’s also a boy called Conan Gray who is the only person in the American Spotify Top 50 to actually write a song without anybody else. For everybody else there’s four or five writers on a track."

Exhale, do you agree with Elton? I do to a certain degree. When artists churn out these 2-minute tracks or do so just to try and land a #1 on the 200 chart, it's a little cringe. 

if he sees how many men write beyonce songs and she still gets credit he probably wouldnt be shook

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block