Jamie Lynn Spears Seeks More Control Over Britney Spears’ Fortune

I know everyone’s going insane and scared over this but I had a theory to what this was. If you look carefully at the court docs it states that it was finalized in June 2018 but it was petitioned in late 2017. A few months before that, we had the Vegas attack where someone got on stage and then tmz shortly after reported that Britney wanted to put changes to her will after that incident. I was thinking that this decision was just the aftermath of what happened at that time.

• Love 2

Jamie Lynn Spears is making a new move in court.

The 29-year-old sister of Britney Spears, who was recently revealed to have been named the trustee of her estate two years ago, filed a new request in court last week, via the LA Times on Tuesday (August 25).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Britney Spears

Britney's sister is "now seeking more control over the performer’s fortune amid an increasingly heated struggle over a complicated conservatorship," the outlet reports.

In the filing, Jamie Lynn "asked that all the assets of the SJB Revocable Trust be moved into one or more accounts with Fidelity Brokerage Services with her as the custodian. If approved, the move would put Britney Spears’ financial assets into those accounts and require a judge’s approval to remove them."

The trust was created in 2004 to protect her children’s future, and was amended in 2018 to say that upon her death, the trustee — Jamie Lynn Spears — would administer the family’s assets for her children.

"The filing doesn’t explain what role it could play in the ongoing battle over the singer’s protracted conservatorship case — known in other states as a legal guardianship," the LA Times added.

The conservatorship was recently extended to 2021, with a big new request from Britney still pending...

Source :https://www.justjared.com/2020/08/26/jamie-lynn-spears-seeks-more-control-over-britney-spears-fortune/

4 hours ago, lilia90 said:

The 29-year-old sister of Britney Spears, who was recently revealed to have been named the trustee of her estate two years ago, filed a new request in court last week, via the LA Times on Tuesday (August 25).

Britney's sister is "now seeking more control over the performer’s fortune amid an increasingly heated struggle over a complicated conservatorship," the outlet reports.

In the filing, Jamie Lynn "asked that all the assets of the SJB Revocable Trust be moved into one or more accounts with Fidelity Brokerage Services with her as the custodian. If approved, the move would put Britney Spears’ financial assets into those accounts and require a judge’s approval to remove them."

The trust was created in 2004 to protect her children’s future, and was amended in 2018 to say that upon her death, the trustee — Jamie Lynn Spears — would administer the family’s assets for her children.

"The filing doesn’t explain what role it could play in the ongoing battle over the singer’s protracted conservatorship case — known in other states as a legal guardianship," the LA Times added.

The conservatorship was recently extended to 2021, with a big new request from Britney still pending...

Source :https://www.justjared.com/2020/08/26/jamie-lynn-spears-seeks-more-control-over-britney-spears-fortune/

So she is moving it from the other company to Fidelity ?  My job uses Fidelity to save for retirement as well

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jefferson Silva said:

ok jamie lynn

This ^ is all so ***** up; Has this blind been posted? :

274. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 08/26 **2**
As I have been telling you for the past year, the brother-in-law was the one communicating with the Svengali and now the sister has guaranteed income for life through fees should there be an untimely death. Car accident anyone? Jamie Watson/Sam Lutfi/Jamie Lynn Spears/Britney Spears (Jamie Lynn Spears named trustee of Britney Spears' fortune) (Britney Spears' Dad Testifies Relationship With Famous Daughter 'Strained') (Who Is Jamie Watson? Jamie Lynn Spears' Husband Is Just A Regular Guy) (Sam Lutfi Is Young Hollywood’s Most Infamous Svengali) (Britney Spears quarantined with Jamie Lynn Spears) (BLIND ITEM 09/07/19) (BLIND ITEM 05/20/20)

5 hours ago, lilia90 said:

could it be that she is wanting to put the money in a bank account so that her father / lawyers can't access it to pay for 'legal fees' etc ? 

• Like 2

This whole thing is so sad. The last time Britney Spears was genuinely happy was before the Justin/Britney breakup in 2002! The last time she was happy was 2001/2002. She probably had a few good months of happiness in 2008 when she thought that the conservatorship was temporary, but overall, it's been a long time since she's felt genuine happiness.

22 minutes ago, MX3 said:

could it be that she is wanting to put the money in a bank account so that her father / lawyers can't access it to pay for 'legal fees' etc ? 

She is bff with the woman who helped Jamie to put Britney under a cship. A woman who tried to take over Courtney Loves state (Courtney said herself) and to put Lindsay Lohan under a cship as well. This womans company will oversee the trust. There are some documents that show she seems shady, her company is now worth 400 times more or smt like that, smt like 600 million dollars in the last few years. 

Juno Lou is also very close to Jamie and always has been. A coulple of months after the court date Britney went, there she was in Los Angeles with her father in matching outfits going to a business building. Right after he abused Preston, there he was hanging out with her daughters like nothing happened. I doubt she wont listen to her father she always was so close to. Do u think hed allow her to be the trustee If he didnt trust her? Jamie controls everything regarding Britneys life and money bc hes her conservator. Hes also bff with Lou.

I wish Britney would just make a deal with her leeching family inc KFed eg "Anything I've earned up until now just have it and divide it amongst yourselves, but I want my freedom now and any future earnings of mine you don't get one cent." She could then write a tell all book, which would be explosive. Also a 10-part Netflix documentary detailing her rise to fame, peak, downfall and recent messy years. "So now I'm close to 40 and starting with nothing again, but at least this time I'll be doing it on my own terms." A new album. A new tour/residency. No ties with Lou or the family from hell. Enough to support her sons for the rest of their lives. 

Even then her family would be chasing her for more. Lou in 2022 "What was agreed with Ms Spears did not include future merchandise earnings, which we believe we should also be entitled a cut of." :gloriascary:

Honestly, I thought GREED was one of the seven deadly sins. So much for being religious Lou and Jamie Lynn.   

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I imagine Jamie Lynn is probably who Kevin has to share custody of the kids with if something happened to Britney.

I've got something similar for my kiddo, if I die, custody goes to my brother, and rather than my assets and money falling to my child [ where her father has access ] its in a trust that my brother will oversee on behalf of my kid until she is 18.

Might be different in the states.

• Love 1
  • Like 1