Jamie Lynn Spears Seeks More Control Over Britney Spears’ Fortune

jl-estate.jpg.4737e8ba014f4df3f80eaa197f604c58.jpg

Jamie Lynn Spears was named the trustee over Britney's fortune.

The younger Spears sister was named trustee of the SJB Revocable Trust, which Britney set up in 2004 to:

• Protect her vast fortune and
  • Provide for her children's financial future

The new documents claim the trust was amended in 2018 and signed off by Britney's conservators, her dad Jamie Spears and then-conservator Andrew Wallet (he has since resigned, but is trying to return). 

In the new docs, Mr. Spears is asking the court to approve the appointment of Fidelity Financial Management to create 'blocked accounts' that will hold all of Britney's assets and serve as advisors with her investments, The Blast reports.

The trust outlines exactly what should happen to Britney's money if she dies.

It's unclear if Jamie is asking to move the assets to these accounts now.

"Upon the settlor's death, the entire principal of the Trust, including all accused and undistributed and unrealized income, together with any insurance on the settlor's life or other assets payable to the Trust as a result of settlor's death, shall be promptly distributed by the Trustee to the trustee or co-trustee of the BJS Kids & Family Trust, to be held, administered and distributed in accordance with its terms."

Thoughts?

Related:

• Like 3

the SJB is something different, that's the trust Britney created for her kids. :yaknow:

Someone needs to be the trustee anyways, because it's the person that's gonna make sure the kids receive the trust upon Britney's eventual death (in a million years from now :fakecry: )

Upon the Settlor’s death, the entire principal of the Trust, including all accrued but undistributed and unrealized income, together with any insurance on the Settlor’s life or other assets payable to the Trust as a result of the Settlor’s death, shall be promptly distributed by the Trustee to the trustee or co—trustees of the BJS KIDS & FAMILY TRUST (the “Kids & Family Trust”). to be held, administered and distributed in accordance with its terms as it may have been amended from time to time before the Settlor’s death

• Love 4
  • Like 1
Just now, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

Why her? What qualifications does she have? And the 600 millions dollar increase in value of Loucier's company this years is just a coincidence? I don't think so...

I don't know, but I suppose they're assuming going by age, when Britney dies eventually, her parents and older brother must have already died by then too (of course we don't know when anybody is gonna die) so the next person in line (by age) would be Jamie Lynn.

Now, I don't know if this trust will be given to Britney's children only after she passes away, or they're gonna receive it when they reach a certain age.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, but I suppose they're assuming going by age, when Britney dies eventually, her parents and older brother must have already died by then too (of course we don't know when anybody is gonna die) so the next person in line (by age) would be Jamie Lynn.

Now, I don't know if this trust will be given to Britney's children only after she passes away, or they're gonna receive it when they reach a certain age.

I just have a hard time believing that they haven't dried it up by now... She was appointed by Wallet and Colon so I think she's shady

• Love 1
  • Like 7