This Day in Pop: Britney releases Glory album in 2016 (August 26) - GLORY TURNS 5!

• Exhale+

OMG Flaw Free album. There’s so many Memories with Britney and 2016. She was really happy and Beaming then, and the music is so good!  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

And today just happens to be my last day at the bakery I work at too! I found a full time cake decorator job at a grocery and it pays more so I couldn’t refuse. But I love my job..  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

OMG Flaw Free album. There’s so many Memories with Britney and 2016. She was really happy and Beaming then, and the music is so good!  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

And today just happens to be my last day at the bakery I work at too! I found a full time cake decorator job at a grocery and it pays more so I couldn’t refuse. But I love my job..  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

No more baking for old folks? :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: Maybe you could create/decorate cakes for each Britney era!

Slay us with your cakes! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

Wow, what a moment, I will never forget :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: Such a good body of work, like it works so well when you listen to it from start to finish. I heard the stems on Youtube and why oh why wasn't her voice more clear in the final produc tho :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

P.S. I'm so sorry Do You Wanna Come Over? you, deserved the full treatment sweetie.

• Love 1

I flew out to Vegas the week it was released to meet her in Vegas (on the Wednesday- and she done the VMAS that weekend). I remember having a total meltdown before the m&g... whilst my friends poured me a rum & blasted Love Me Down. Ha!

Whilst it's not my number 1 favourite... her experimental flare is definitely appreciated on this album.  

It then re-served in 2020 giving us those awesome mood ring remixes & I can't lie to y'all- I still have a major soft spot for Swimming In The Stars.

Ok i'll stop now. 

Fun Laugh GIF by Squirrel Monkey

• Like 1

This album has been a vibe for me since day ONE. Glory is fun, it’s s e x y, confident, mature, somehow both delicate and strong, and it’s just SO Britney! Her vocals are immaculate and the production is TOP. I mean :melt_weird_drift_wow: 

Glory has also aged so gracefully since it’s debut, and I have so many great personal experiences tied to it and the years 2016/17. It’ll be in my holy trinity for the foreseeable future. :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

*The 2020 cover and SITS elevates the experience even further for me. 

—————————Downer Zone————————

To think of what this era could have been… 

:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

1. Could/Should have been #1  (was only 39k from the top)
  2. Make Me could have been an easy       Top 10
  3. Deserved at least 4 singles and visuals 😭
  4. Deserved a better cover from the start

5.   Could be platinum now if her label or team even cared 

:wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

————————————————————————

I’ll always love it as it is though, and through the eyes of a fan, it’ll always serve as a marker in Britney’s life and career where things began to change, where Britney found her voice again! Glory is a beautiful bookmark for both her life and mine 💙

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Jamiea1112 said:

I flew out to Vegas the week it was released to meet her in Vegas (on the Wednesday- and she done the VMAS that weekend). I remember having a total meltdown before the m&g... whilst my friends poured me a rum & blasted Love Me Down. Ha!

Whilst it's not my number 1 favourite... her experimental flare is definitely appreciated on this album.  

It then re-served in 2020 giving us those awesome mood ring remixes & I can't lie to y'all- I still have a major soft spot for Swimming In The Stars.

Ok i'll stop now. 

Fun Laugh GIF by Squirrel Monkey

at least your show wasn't cancelled, there was a cancelled show due to the VMA's right? 

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Submit your songs for Exhale's Top 20 Week 1 here