This Day in Pop: Britney releases Glory album in 2016 (August 26) - GLORY TURNS 5!

A true return to form! She experimented with different sounds, she played around with her vocals, she brought in different languages to spice things up, it was an album of growth and strength - an album to remind people that after all she's been through, she is STILL that *****.

I am a Glory stan. My favorites are DYWCO, Slumber Party, Just Like Me, Just Luv Me, Better, and Change Your Mind.

Although, not my favorite track on the album, Invitation is her best album opener EVER and simply iconic.

Thank you Britney for Glory and for showing us you are still passionate for your music. ❤️

• Love 3

This album is a masterpiece and was a breath of fresh air into Britney's discography. I mean, after the fiasco of 2013 'Britney Jean', with 'Glory' she returned to herself musically and lyrically, plus you can feel she really focused on making great songs. BTW, the three promotional singles where "Private Show", "Clumsy" and "Do You Wanna Come Over?". Luckily, "Pretty Girls" was left out of the tracking list. 

I have the tendency to really like the albums where the first song is not the first single released. "Invitation" is epic as the album opener. 

• Love 2

It legit has something for every Britney fan. Personally my favorite go 

love me down - love this song it’s still like new to me, if I ever saw her perform this id be shock. 

make me - it is really catchy interesting for a lead single I wished there was more raw audio of her singing this 

slumber party - the video slayed 

change your mind - she snapped performing this regret not going when she did this part in pom 

do you wanna come over - honestly such a bop and she performed this song really well, if this would of gotten a larger tv audience or pushed as a second single it would of done great I think 

better - it’s catchy and fun, love the message she sounds great on it, it’s young and mature. Idk how’d she perform it

man on the moon - could of been a single 

coupure electrique - her rehearsal video of this gave me chills and the song life

If I’m dancing - love this paired next to coupure electrique on the album 

just luv me - love it 

private show - love the notes she hits 

invitation - baby one more time is best track opener imo but this works in the album sense 

——-- below this line I find myself skipping these more often 

hard to forget ya - kinda annoying but it’s cute 

What you need - countrney

liar idk just not obsessed with it 

clumsy - eh 

Glory was such a buzz for me as a fan. It was the first time I’d been properly excited for her album in so long. She promoted like crazy and 2016ney was excelling even during POM. You could tell she was so into it. I feel like it was the first and last time we saw primney. She looked amazing and you could tell for the first time in ages she was actually having some fun on stage. 

I rewatched the BBMA performance and can’t believe just how great it all was. The production, the energy, she looked amazing and she kicked ***. I really miss 2016ney and took it for granted. I’m just sad that could have been the last time we saw Britney perform again and doing it with any sort of passion. 

Glory really brought it for me and I miss seeing her on TV. I just wish she’d come back and really want to be there I miss her music. I miss her :crying1: 

Karen Kwak was the A&R for the emancipation of Mimi, which we all know that album brought Mariah Carey back to the top of the music industry. 

I thought Karen would brilliantly map it out like that, sadly Vegas ruined it, The promo was really lacking. 

She was supposed to debut make me at the bbmas, but a slight production delayed cancelled and her only televised performance of Make me got overshadowed by Beyoncé at the VMAS. 

To me and some friends. We believe MTV set her up to fail cos of that. 

Just being honest. 

• 11 months later...