Which Britney songs did you once not like but now love?

Iconic 4 U

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work *****. Took me like 30 listens before I actually liked it when it was released. Now it’s one of my faves.

Also, I basically only liked the singles and Ooh Ooh Baby on Blackout, and not the rest of the album when I first got it. Now it’s my second favorite Britney album and I tend to skip Ooh Ooh Baby :jl:

2 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Work *****. Took me like 30 listens before I actually liked it when it was released. Now it’s one of my faves.

Also, I basically only liked the singles and Ooh Ooh Baby on Blackout, and not the rest of the album when I first got it. Now it’s my second favorite Britney album and I tend to skip Ooh Ooh Baby :jl:

I tend to skip Ooh Ooh Baby as well :haha:

5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

What’s your favorite? :jl:

Oh, God. Showdown and Freakshow. Back in 2012 when I first started getting into the Internet, I met another Britney fan on Twitter. I fell so head over heels for him, we would talk EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But he clearly didn't feel the same way I did. His favorite song was Showdown, and the very last time we talked, he was dragging me with his best friend, calling me a Freakshow. I mean, I was. But he could've been nicer about it. :britdrown: 

Took me YEARS to listen to those songs without thinking of him. Freakshow is still not one of my favorites because of that whole situation (and I'm just not a huge Blackout fan in general), but ironically I now worship Showdown (his favorite). :queenflopga: 

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Oh, God. Showdown and Freakshow. Back in 2012 when I first started getting into the Internet, I met another Britney fan on Twitter. I fell so head over heels for him, we would talk EVERY SINGLE DAY.

But he clearly didn't feel the same way I did. His favorite song was Showdown, and the very last time we talked, he was dragging me with his best friend, calling me a Freakshow. I mean, I was. But he could've been nicer about it. :britdrown: 

Took me YEARS to listen to those songs without thinking of him. Freakshow is still not one of my favorites because of that whole situation (and I'm just not a huge Blackout fan in general), but ironically I now worship Showdown (his favorite). :queenflopga: 

Aww I'm sorry those songs are associated with that situation :hugs:

Showdown is one of her best songs imo, so I'm glad you're still able to listen to it :)

21 minutes ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Aww I'm sorry those songs are associated with that situation :hugs:

Showdown is one of her best songs imo, so I'm glad you're still able to listen to it :)

Yeah, well it was almost ten years ago LOL I got over him pretty quickly, especially since we didn't actually know each other. The public humiliation is what stuck with me lol

• Super Mods

Hold It Against Me, I Will Still Love You and Everytime

I didnt like Hold It Against Me at first cause of how autotuned it was but I got over it.

I didnt like I Will Still Love You cause I thought it was boring and lame.

With Everytime, I thought it was also boring and lame however once I went through a bad breakup;

I realized that I could relate to the song in a way and also appreciate how simple and beautiful it is.

So obviously as you can see, I grew up and eventually got taste

Please don’t hate on me, but for me it’s “Red Hot Lipstick”.... At first I was like this is not Britney at all, but after a few weeks I couldn’t get it out of my head. I sometimes tend to edit certain songs if I don’t like how they originally sound. So I sped it up a little, deepened the vocals and got rid of the breaks and the second half of the chorus, now it is my jam! 

Breathe On Me and Touch of My Hand.... I was 11 when In the Zone came out and these two  just didnt click to me! Now they are my favs not only from In Thez Zone haha

Also Heaven on Earth... when I first heard the leaked demo (named just "Your...") I thought it was not that great. When Blackout came out I was still reluctant in appreciating the song haha years later I finally fell in love with it!

Work b***h and Scream and Shout. Hated them both when they came out because Britney sounded weird on them but I like the beats on these two now. 

I really don't like will.i.am but I can tolerate him on that song. 

This is my first post on here. Been a fan since BOMT! I'm a few years younger than Britney but still in my 30s like her. 

Archived