Britney: The Compilation Albums

I Absolutely Love GH:MP And B in the Mix Vol 1. I definitely enjoy her other Compilations but those 2 really stick out. They had great attention to detail put into them. 
Hopefully sometime they release a GH Vol 2 to go alongside My Prerogative with a similar design and theme. Another Remix set would be great too! And of course we’d all love an updated Singles Box set! 

I really enjoy that random Oops best of CD too, it’s got a good track listing that’s got a good nostalgic flow. Anyone else enjoy it?  

• Love 1
On 8/24/2020 at 8:12 AM, princessmimi said:

Yeah it is. Ive heard its like over a $100-200 to buy it.

For me right now, it would be overboard but if I was rich, I would buy it instantly! 

I feel like its something every fan should buy

When Britney is free I'll celebrate it by buying something like that tbh 

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Britney671 said:

Ghmp was good

remix albums were hit and miss. The second one I think after BJ has a few bops. Good to listen to with a sounds system.

I agree! GHMY is a very good compilation album... even thought, it was released to soon in her career. 

britney spears GIF by mtv

• Love 1

I think they should have packaged BITM with GH:MP and made ATWK the first single and then drop MP with video on album release day (shoot videos way early). Also I would have released the album package the following year in Q4. I know she was riding high after Toxic but releasing the greatest hits album so close to ITZ likely killed off a lot of back-catalog sales. They could have pushed an ITZ single at the end of 2004, obviously Britney probably wouldn’t have performed or shot a video but there are others ways to push a single. The wait for new music would have kept the hype up enough for a greatest hits to sell well in 2005. Also digital sales counted for the Hot100 for the first time that year so maybe ATWK would have debuted top10. 

The Singles Collection should have came in 2013 with Work ***** and a few other new tracks. Release it along side the POM show of course. 3 should have been put onto a Circus re-release with Telephone ft. Gaga.  

• Love 2

There are two compilation albums missing.

Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears

Oops I Did It Again: The Best Of Britney Spears 

They like the Essential Britney Spears weren’t released by RCA but are Sony releases. 

The next compilation needs to be a rare/unreleased compilation album! I’m honestly shocked that a compilation of b-sides has yet to be done. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 4/30/2021 at 5:15 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

There are two compilation albums missing.

Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears

Oops I Did It Again: The Best Of Britney Spears 

They like the Essential Britney Spears weren’t released by RCA but are Sony releases. 

The next compilation needs to be a rare/unreleased compilation album! I’m honestly shocked that a compilation of b-sides has yet to be done. 

I know. But, those other 2 compilation albums are soo random that I didn't include them in this thread. 

I did include the compilations that have charted in the Billboard 200 Album Chart and that are uploaded in her official YouTube channel. 

:badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

BTW, I totally agree that we need a rarities compilation from Britney (after the conservatorship is eliminated). 

i hope we get a new compilation album when she’s free 

they could include her hits/deep cuts, the rare bonus track songs like over to u now , outta this world , quicksand , girls & boys,music videos, a few unreleased songs and a new megamix

that way britney’s happy cuz it’s less work and the fans are happy   :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Love 1

GH:MP was the record that turned me from a fan to a stan. The booklet that came with it is so tattered and crumpled from the amount of times I read and analyzed and poured over it. Fun fact: once, in 8th grade or something, I brought the GH:MP to school, and the boys in my class almost ripped the booklet trying to ogle at the **** britney cover photo lol

I personally think they released the singles collection too soon after GH:MP, but I did buy the box set when I went to see her circus tour in London. It is my pride and joy! :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Tbh I really think she should’ve rereleased in the zone and did a video for breath on me and added the songs and had my prerogative as a single. I love that GH album but I would’ve rathered  breath on me had its moment and the in the zone era been extended. 
the 10th anniversary singles collection made more sense and the box set is awesome but once again I would’ve been fine w rereleasing circus since the tour was still happening w 3 as the new track and maybe releasing unusual you.

I don’t care for the remix albums at all 

24 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

Tbh I really think she should’ve rereleased in the zone and did a video for breath on me and added the songs and had my prerogative as a single. I love that GH album but I would’ve fathered breath on me had its moment and the in the zone era been extended. 
the 10th anniversary singles collection made more sense and the box set is awesome but once again I would’ve been fine w rereleasing circus since the tour was still happening w 3 as the new track and maybe releasing unusual you.

I don’t care for the remix albums at all 

There was rumours she was going to rerelease In the Zone (and possibly release more singles from the original album) but these plans were abandoned when she injured her knee.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Joman82 said:

I know. But, those other 2 compilation albums are soo random that I didn't include them in this thread. 

I did include the compilations that have charted in the Billboard 200 Album Chart and that are uploaded in her official YouTube channel. 

:badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

BTW, I totally agree that we need a rarities compilation from Britney (after the conservatorship is eliminated). 

Playlist:The Very Best Of Britney Spears did chart on BB if I remember correctly. 

Yeah a compilation of rare/unreleased would be the perfect thing to release if she continues the work hiatus even after she’s free. Hopefully she would get to pick the unreleased tracks for it!