They wanted Britney Spears to perform at the Republican National Convention

Before the Republican National Convention in Charlotte was scaled back due to Covid, Britney was on the list of concerts they wanted. I have a feeling she wouldn't have done it, but they wanted to ask her. I feel like she leans to the left, but must still have fans on the right?

At AvidXchange Music Factory, which hosted a spirited media party during the DNC in 2012, owner Noah Lazes said he had been in discussions to put on corporate parties bankrolled by the likes of Google and book Republican-friendly musical acts.

“We could have ended up with a good mix of performers,” said Lazes, who mentioned Sammy Hagar, Hank Williams Jr., Britney Spears and Gene Simmons of “Kiss” fame as one-time possibilities.

Sourcerep-brit.jpg.8253868598a617c8ce93cb9a356a9002.jpg

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

imagine letting someone who's not even allowed to vote to do this:katyclown:

let alone for Trump's party :umomg: 

Not even that, but to knowingly put her through the public's bad graces. Like I can't imagine the abuse she would get if her handlers (lets be real) forced her to do it. I also just don't see Trump's hardcore base being too excited about her as a performer. These are probably the people who said they wanted to shoot her when she was in her prime for doing Slave 4 U and poisoning little girls minds. 

This reminds me of when Justin Bieber wanted to perform at a Trump rally and Scooter Braun forced him not to. Justin, sis...you lucky you a straight white male. People are more inclined to forgive. But I never forget. :flop:

• Love 3
  • Like 5

The scary thing is...the article lists her as one of the performers as if it was going to happen. 

I do not think she would have. And I didn't want this to spread to the public so I worded my post very carefully.

She doesn't need to be dragged into politics, the last few months have been bad enough.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

She said she was with Hillary Clinton lol.

I don't think so... she/her team removed the hashtag ImWithHer. They were both in Vegas at that time, I think it was just a meeting, it wasn’t necessarily a full-throated "endorsement". https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/270005-britney-spears-deletes-hillary-endorsement?amp

3 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Isn’t She. A Registered Democrat?  

Nope, she registered as a Republican and supported George W Bush during the Iraq war - facts many fans seem happy to forget.

"She registered as a Republican in Louisiana on October 4, 2001, according to public records, which were reported Friday in Independent Journal Review’s newsletter The Political Edit."

Screenshot_20200823-125248_Chrome.jpg

This one's a great article, by the way https://slate.com/culture/2020/03/comrade-britney-spears-instagram-post-dsa-republican.amp

• Love 1
  • Like 5

It’s so obvious her family are republican rednecks. Jamie voted for Trump for sure. I don’t know if Britney is a republican herself but if u grow up surrounded by a republican influence... But the majority of her fans are democrats (or at least LGTB advocates) so yeah it would be career suicide

• Love 2
  • Like 7
58 minutes ago, enAC said:

I don't think so... she/her team removed the hashtag ImWithHer. They were both in Vegas at that time, I think it was just a meeting, it wasn’t necessarily a full-throated "endorsement". https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/270005-britney-spears-deletes-hillary-endorsement?amp

I think she probably posted the #ImWithHer and her team deleted it because Jamie and Lou are clearly fascists lol.

• Love 2
  • Like 4
54 minutes ago, enAC said:

Nope, she registered as a Republican and supported George W Bush during the Iraq war - facts many fans seem happy to forget.

"She registered as a Republican in Louisiana on October 4, 2001, according to public records, which were reported Friday in Independent Journal Review’s newsletter The Political Edit."

Screenshot_20200823-125248_Chrome.jpg

This one's a great article, by the way https://slate.com/culture/2020/03/comrade-britney-spears-instagram-post-dsa-republican.amp

I remember that in 2000 she said shed probably vote for whatever her parents would vote bc she didnt have the time to know much about politics and the fact she tried to defend Bush in 2003 is probably bc her parents voted for him. But idk about now since Britney supported the dreamers thing, smt that Obama defended/protected and Trump is opposed to. Also isnt her mother a supporter of a democrat governor in Louisiana? 

Just now, Bundy said:

I remember that in 2000 she said shed probably vote for whatever her parents would vote bc she didnt have the time to know much about politics and the fact she tried to defend Bush in 2003 is probably bc her parents voted for him. But idk about now since Britney supported the dreamers thing, smt that Obama defended/protected and Trump is opposed to. Also isnt her mother a supporter of a democrat governor in Louisiana? 

Britney has also supported #BLM and is obviously pro-LGBT. So I would say she probably leans left but isn't allowed to say so one way or another.

• Like 5