BTS' "Dynamite" on-track to have biggest first-day at Spotify

Invitation

• Content Curators

"Dynamite," the first-ever all-English single by Big Hit/Columbia's K-Pop sensations BTS, is on the verge of having the biggest first-day numbers ever at Spotify—and, indeed, the biggest first day overall. Ron Perry is hitting his refresh button constantly as the numbers climb.

The cut had amassed 9.8m streams on the Spot early in the day on 8/21 and looked a cinch to pass Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber's "I Don't Care" (just south of 11m) and Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" (12m+ on Christmas day). The cut also topped the iTunes singles chart. 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-21-at-10-30-52-PM.pn

As of 17:29 EST, Both versions of Dynamite are ruling the Top 2 of iTunes in US. But, given the reducing significance of downloads, streaming numbers are way more important for Hot 100, HDD reports. BTS will need to smash all sorts of streaming records to unseat WAP (Cardi B) at Hot 100. It will be an uphill battle for them.bts-record.jpg.ec143c878bc775fd643b16528ba3c04a.jpg

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
49 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

What about the MV? Are they close to break How you like that record?

Yes, 4.5 hrs left and they're only 3M views away

But, you never know because YouTube always deletes some views from the total number. I'm sure some views of How You Like That got removed as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

Yes, 4.5 hrs left and they're only 3M views away

But, you never know because YouTube always deletes some views from the total number. I'm sure some views of How You Like That got removed as well.

I know I know! But yeah, they will break the record for sure! Congrats to them!!

Now my girls need to break it next week with Ice Cream eheh

Imagen de gif, lalisa manoban, and lisa | 핑크, 사진

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

these records don't means absolutely nothing, in fact they last only 2 or 3 months until the next singer pay  more bot for increasing his numbers :trash:

Point. Streaming has made breaking someone elses records so easy. It took 15 years for OIDIA first week sales to be broken, but now with streaming if OIDIA were released today its record wouldve been broken by the next year.

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block