Taylor Swift is sending autographed "folklore" cds to indie record stores across the US

Several record stores across the country found packages on their doorsteps from the one and only Taylor Swift that included autographed folklore cds. :airpls:

Taylor has been a huge advocate for the music industry and a HUGE supporter of physical albums and record stores in the past.

Several record stores posted photos on twitter with the hashtag "#recordstorefolklore"

Angie Roloff, owner of Strictly Discs in Madison, Wisconsin, told Billboard:

"Yesterday, I got an email from our Universal rep that we were one of the stores that had been chosen to receive 30 autographed Taylor Swift CDs," she said. 

"We weren't permitted to talk about it until the CDs were in hand, and then we could post socially about it so folks could come and find us. And the other requirement was it has to be just local customers, not just shipping them to people outside of our immediate area. So today has been the day of Taylor Swift frenzy, which was actually quite fun."

She obviously did this to help out stores that have been struggling during the pandemic. :yasqueen:

GENEROUS QUEEN! :sobbing:

Related:

indie.jpg.e68af1abda7ef06ec49d3e3416d7bf8c.jpg

• Love 7
  • Super Mods

It's a nice and genuine gesture tbh. It's definitely not a PR stunt because it would be pointless and unprofitable. I respect her so much for this. Taylor is definitely one of the good guys in the music industry that the sharks tried to eat up like they did Britney. Luckily, Taylor was fierce and fought back, I wish our humble and kind-hearted queen had done the same :crying2:

• Love 5
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

It's a nice and genuine gesture tbh. It's definitely not a PR stunt because it would be pointless and unprofitable. I respect her so much for this. Taylor is definitely one of the good guys in the music industry that the sharks tried to eat up like they did Britney. Luckily, Taylor was fierce and fought back, I wish our humble and kind-hearted queen had done the same :crying2:

This is why we love Taylor! 😭 Maybe after Britney is free, Taylor can help her get back on her feet! :sobbing: 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

Didn’t she with the Circus era? :calculating:

12 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

This is why we love Taylor! 😭 Maybe after Britney is free, Taylor can help her get back on her feet! :sobbing: 

Taylor is a business woman. When the media tried to destroy her career and image, she took that as one of her advantages, and came back with the Reputation era. Such a smart move to give her one of her biggest eras was really a smart move. Whereas for Britney, she was just a humble southern girl who just wanted to do what she loved (singing and dancing) so when the media started stoning her, she completely spiraled because she wasn’t ready for I.

Hopefully Tayboo can :sobbing:

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Taylor is a business woman. When the media tried to destroy her career and image, she took that as one of her advantages, and came back with the Reputation era. Such a smart move to give her one of her biggest eras was really a smart move. Whereas for Britney, she was just a humble southern girl who just wanted to do what she loved (singing and dancing) so when the media started stoning her, she completely spiraled because she wasn’t ready for I.

Taylor helped Kesha with court costs. I bet she would reach out to Britney after her court hearings when things start to get serious in dismantling the c-ship.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Taylor helped Kesha with court costs. I bet she would reach out to Britney after her court hearings when things start to get serious in dismantling the c-ship.

Taylor has never mentioned Britney in any significant way which I always found odd. That would be nice to extend that generosity and attention to someone/ a topic which needs it  since she’s supposedly all about fighting injustice.. 

15 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Britney and Taylor are cut from different cloths. Taylor is like Madonna or Beyoncé where her brand/ image is her life. Britney doesn’t give a **** about any of that. She does what she does when she wants (or can). That’s been a constant in her career... as much as the media harped on her Britney played a huge roll in creating that attention herself. She was doing a lot of work behind the scenes making sure all eyes were on her back then this has been documented. Calling paparazzi, dating one.. as much as things absolutely got out of control I really think she reveled in being able to make her carefully crafted image implode in front of the world. Homegirl grabbed those clippers herself after all...

• Like 1

People can say the worst things about her all day long, but you'll never convince me that Taylor Swift is a bad person. She's genuine, authentic, hard-working and GENEROUS. 

In a day and age full of superficial crap on the internet / radio / tv  and print, no wonder Ms. Swift can still sell a record. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Calling paparazzi, dating one.. as much as things absolutely got out of control I really think she reveled in being able to make her carefully crafted image implode in front of the world. Homegirl grabbed those clippers herself after all...

95% of the time, she wouldn’t call them, they would come on their own because back then she was a tabloid hit

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

95% of the time, she wouldn’t call them, they would come on their own because back then she was a tabloid hit

It’s been documented that in the beginning she was orchestrating a lot of it. She knew she was a tabloid hit and controlled the media as much as they controlled her. Very weird dynamic. I remember watching an interview about when she shaved her head  and got the tattoo right after and she knew exactly the position to put herself in those shops to make sure all the cameras outside knew was she was doing.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block