Music update on (ex) PCD's Melody Thornton

So basically Melody just released her first EP, "Lioness Eyes", on August 7 (I think on an independent label) > LISTEN TO THE EP HERE

Spotify link

EP COVER:

MELODY_LionessEyes_EP-scaled.jpg

The first single, "Love Will Return", was released November 16, 2019. Guys, it's AWFUL :umomg: It makes me wanna cut my wrists with a cracker... The video doesn't help either.

SINGLE COVER:

500x500.jpg

VIDEO:

BUT on July 24 she released the second single, "Phoenix Rise", and I think it's AMAZING! I looooooove her vocals and the fact that she isn't Christina-Aguileraing throughout the whole thing like she used to do all the time in PCD (which was both incredible AND annoying... just like Xtina ANYWAY). This, like Ciara's "Rooted", talks about the BLM movement (btw, Exhale must be the whitest forum ever because I can't believe that I, the fairest of them all -YES, SNOWHITE REFERENCE I TOLD YOU I'M WHITE- is the only one promoting these songs... So basically you all consume this only if Beyoncé does it huh??)

SINGLE COVER:

ab67616d0000b2738dcc48c3ac362efd9fec37f4

VIDEO:

LYRICS:

Spoiler

Oh, my teacher, won't you help me?
I am drowning
Give me your hand, help me pull me in
(Help me pull me in)

On my knight and shinning armor
Would you let me use your shield?
I heard it's bulletproof
Show me what to do... Show me what to do

I swear in times of doubt
If I sit alone and ponder a way out
It won't do no good 'cause no one man will know the answer
Won't wish you well, you've got to save yourself
Fall on your knees, hear me when I tell ya

CHORUS (x2):
Phoenix rise from the ashes, fly high above
Don't give them a chance to shoot you down
Show 'em what you're made of
(Phoenix rise... Phoenix rise...) Oh

This is my love campaign
An effort to tell the truth
This is my love campaign
The only thing to do

When you work so hard
To see your dreams come true
You gotta fight for what
You know belongs to you

I swear in times of doubt
If I sit alone and ponder a way out
It won't do no good 'cause no one man will know the answer
Won't wish you well, you've got to save yourself
Fall on your knees, hear me when I tell ya

CHORUS (x2)

Phoenix rise... Phoenix rise... (x2)
Oh

SOURCE

So yeah, first it was awful and then amazing, but I haven't listened to the whole EP yet, I'm scared now :p

RELATED:

melody.jpg.5fa46cb44048669d2011eeac2a07ccc8.jpg

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Her only good song remains lipstick and guilt tbh. I feel sorry for her, she's a better vocalist than Nicole but she didn't have the charisma and the looks so she was thrown into the background. Plus, she always said she's not a good dancer and was legit afraid of doing some moves because she wasn't flexible enough for the pcd choreos. They did her dirty that's for sure. But she's simply not a big star potential... 

I’m not a fan tbh but I respect her choosing to branch out and forge her own way.

Aside from Nicole (who let’s face it is absolutely incredible and deserves all the success in the world), my favourite Doll is Jessica Sutta. She has released some frickin BOPS! Has anyone heard her songs Show Me and Candy? So catchy! Ashley Roberts is also decent. Carmit and Kimberly are poor vocalists in my opinion but then haven’t really done much solo stuff anyway. 

• Like 1

I watched an interview and short doc about her. She's been THRU IT :janet: but she is a prime example of what the industry can do to you or for you. I like her more than Nicole, but they both have different ranges and voices. Nicole's voice is a bit more versatile and Melody's is a bit more urban :mhm: Anyway, good for her for forging on, but just like Nicole... I'll also pass on Melody's music :makeup:

12 hours ago, Otaner said:

Who even has time to Stan this girl ? 😂😩 

there is so much good pop music and you listen to this? Sis ...

oh wow drag me through the mud..... I only stumbled upon "Phoenix Rise", which I think is INCREDIBLE, and then I googled about her and found that atrocious first single and the EP cover and decided to share them here with you guys so you could scalp HER, not me..... :jlostare:

1 hour ago, Alestaos said:

IMean Thats Not Bad Sam GIF - IMeanThatsNotBad Sam Redfalcon ...

WHICH ONE :umomg:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block