Katy Perry comments on toxic stan culture on Twitter

• Leader

Katy Perry says it's best not to check the "@" section on Twitter because it'll lead to nowhere good.

In an interview with Apple Music's Zane Lowe, Perry says stan Twitter just pits pop stars against one another.

It's all about like who's better than who.

Who's skinnier than who.

Who sold my number ones than who.

Whose doing better this year than who.

Who made this much more blahahahha.

Does she make a point, Exhale?

katy-stan.jpg.a65840e113032675b85f073d25e1a0ba.jpg

Related:

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

Why didn’t she complain about this when she was at her peak? Lol Gurl Bye! Good Bye Reaction GIF

Twitter is Toxic (insert Britney glitter body suit gif) 

it's not just about music, it's about character Katy Kat :tired:

Katy is fun and has always been cheeky which is when she was fun :praisega:

• Love 2

I agree but it's hardly a point worth making at this point. Like, is this news to her? :gerlwat:

It's high time that people accept the nature of humans (not just stans btw) and how they behave on the internet. I know a lot of people get all sanctimonious about it (and even grow disdain for their own communities) over this topic, like it makes them special or morally superior to others in some way, but that's not really productive in my opinion. I still believe in engaging in civil discourse and moderating my own online behavior, but to think that I'm somehow worthy of shaming the rest of humanity into thinking or behaving a certain way is pretty presumptuous and self righteous.  

I'd love to hear @Jordan Miller's thoughts on the topic tbh. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

She is so ******* fake. The Kats used to drag Gaga, Taylor, Lily Allen, and any other pop girl who had even the slightest beef with Katy back when she was actually relevant, yet Katy never spoke up against that kind of behavior before. Now that her fanbase is basically extinct (much like her career) she finally has the nerve to speak up when it no longer even matters. :fu:

• Haha 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block