Source: Britney Spears ‘Does Want’ Conservatorship to End as She Takes Steps to Remove Dad Jamie: Inside Their ‘Complicated Relationship’

jokobish

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-has-complicated-relationship-with-dad-jamie/

After Britney Spears requested to remove her father, Jamie Spears, as her conservator, some fans speculated that the move indicated she did not want to end the legal arrangement entirely. However, a source tells exclusively Us Weekly that is not the case.

Britney does want the conservatorship of her as a person to end, but she was concerned that Jamie could attempt to have the temporary conservator removed,” the source explains, referencing the 38-year-old pop star’s care manager, Jodi Montgomery, who assumed the role in September 2019 after Jamie, 68, relinquished his powers due to “personal health reasons.” Montgomery has since had access to all records regarding Britney’s medical treatment, diagnosis and testing, although Jamie is set to take over again beginning on Saturday, August 22, unless Britney’s request is approved or Montgomery’s role is extended.

“There has been significant improvement in Britney’s overall medical treatment plan, which has been attributed to no longer having her father in charge of her personal life,” the source tells Us.

The Grammy winner was placed under the court-approved guardianship in February 2008 after her public breakdown. As a result, she cannot make personal or financial decisions without the approval of her conservators. Her attorney, Samuel D. Ingham III, said in the court filing on Monday, August 17, that Britney “is strongly opposed to having [Jamie] return” and “prefers” that Montgomery permanently replace him.

“Britney and her dad have a complicated relationship,” the source tells Us. “Jamie stepped in at a time in Britney’s life when she was extremely vulnerable to predators seeking to exploit her for financial gain. Over time, Britney began to resent her dad, who was truly in a no-win position. Jamie couldn’t be her dad, and it just got even worse when Jamie had health problems [in November 2018].”

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Colon comes back to being her conservator again, this will be the end for Britney. I really hope it doesn't happen. He'll never let go of such power. Especially with Loucifer behind his back. But really, any arrangement where Britney is still in a c-ship is a hopeless situation. She needs to be released entirely, whether it's from James or Montgomery. They're all shady af people. I wish Britney all the best.

Jamie really seems to give off narcissistic tendencies, I don't wanna be an armchair psychologist and obviously I don't know him.  However, his actions clearly show something is amiss. If you think about it, his selfishness and narcissism dominated her childhood with his alcoholism etc. This man should have been out of her life a long time ago. It's sad how much a dysfunctional relationship with a father or / and a mother can shape a person. At the very least he's a control freak. 

22 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I bet Colon never thought that the judge would appoint a temporary conservator to take his place. Guess that jesus worship didn't pay off huh :gunriah:

But I think It was his idea after he abused Preston and got a restraining order. He even picked Jodi himself ffs. Thats why im skeptical of her true intentions whether she will still obey him after hes "gone" or once hes removed she will do whatever she wants to do bc she also doesnt care about Britney and Jamie cant do anything about the cship anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Bundy said:

But I think It was his idea after he abused Preston and got a restraining order. He even picked Jodi himself ffs. Thats why im skeptical of her true intentions whether she will still obey him after hes "gone" or once hes removed she will do whatever she wants to do bc she also doesnt care about Britney and Jamie cant do anything about the cship anymore. 

No. She’s being smart and doing This step by step, it’s a process. She is more likely to win going about this step by step. She’s first asking for yucky colon to be removed, then when the time is right she will petition for the conservatorship to be removed. It’s not in her favor to do whatever ‘she wants’ if that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

No. She’s being smart and doing This step by step, it’s a process. She is more likely to win going about this step by step. She’s first asking for yucky colon to be removed, then when the time is right she will petition for the conservatorship to be removed. It’s not in her favor to do whatever ‘she wants’ if that makes sense.

I was talking about when Jodi was named her temporary conservator of her affairs back in september I think. Jamie was the one who stepped back bc he abused Preston and got a restraining order from Kevin. He knew it wouldnt be good for his image so he stepped back but then he suggested Jodi to take over and the judge granted. Im not talking about Britneys plans, but If we can trust this Jodi person when Jamie suggested her last year to take over her personal cship. She has a bad reputation, people that had a conservatee on their family talked **** about her. I hope that Jodi and Samuel see that the boat is sinking so they will help Britney to get out bc of their careers and reputations. My fear is even If Jamie is removed, they will still work for/with him. We have to remember that Samuel didnt do anything to help her in 12 ******* years, has been accused of ****** and other shady things. There is an attorney calling out all these people on her Instagram. Sadly I dont trust these people but I hope im wrong. None of these shady *** people were chosen by Britney and Jodi was chosen by Jamie himself to replace him last year. 

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I was talking about when Jodi was named her temporary conservator of her affairs back in september I think. Jamie was the one who stepped back bc he abused Preston and got a restraining order from Kevin. He knew it wouldnt be good for his image so he stepped back but then he suggested Jodi to take over and the judge granted. Im not talking about Britneys plans, but If we can trust this Jodi person when Jamie suggested her last year to take over her personal cship. She has a bad reputation, people that had a conservatee on their family talked **** about her. I hope that Jodi and Samuel see that the boat is sinking so they will help Britney to get out bc of their careers and reputations. My fear is even If Jamie is removed, they will still work for/with him. We have to remember that Samuel didnt do anything to help her in 12 ******* years, has been accused of ****** and other shady things. There is an attorney calling out all these people on her Instagram. Sadly I dont trust these people but I hope im wrong. None of these shady *** people were chosen by Britney and Jodi was chosen by Jamie himself to replace him last year. 

I understand what you  are saying now. Yes I agree with you completely ❤️ 

On 8/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, Buffybot said:

Source? Sketchy af

Hopefully good things happen to this case.

Jamie as the new Darth vader confirmed...

Us Weekly. Their inside reporting about this case is very accurate. They seem to have very good sources. Maybe one of them is Samuel Ingham?

A source tells Us exclusively that Britney wanted her father to be removed “immediately” as the conservator of her estate, which is valued at more than $100 million. Lynne, who doesn’t want the job, “feels it’s in Britney’s best interests” if the conservator is a “neutral third party,” according to the insider.

This is from an article published in September last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-dad-jamie-remains-as-her-conservator-after-court-hearing/amp/

2 hours ago, Catalin said:

Us Weekly. Their inside reporting about this case is very accurate. They seem to have very good sources. Maybe one of them is Samuel Ingham?

This is from an article published in September last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/britney-spears-dad-jamie-remains-as-her-conservator-after-court-hearing/amp/

It's just hard to me understand who the source really is, but maybe you're right.

If Britney is incapable of being free from this then her father should be incapable of controlling it as his physical health should come first. The responsibilities are tough and he not only has physical conditions to worry about but his mental health as well as he is a “former” alcoholic who should focus on sobriety at this time. Jodi is in great condition to continue this position. His family relations with Britney have also suffered and unfortunately after losing his temper attacked her child last year from mental stress of this responsibility. Jamie would suit her better as a father and not her manager. I’m not a lawyer but I’d roll with that. 

Archived